UP TO THE PLATE
Houston (4-3) at Shriners Hospitals for Children College Classic
March 1-3 | Minute Maid Park | Houston
TV: AT&T SportsNet/MLB.com
Complete Game Notes (PDF)
PROBABLE STARTING PITCHERS
FRIDAY : Houston LHP Tyler Bielamowicz (0-0, 4.32) vs. TCU LHP Nick Lodolo (0-2, 3.00)
SATURDAY: Houston RHP Ryan Randel (1-0, 1.64) vs. Texas State RHP Hunter McMahon (1-1, 5.73)
SUNDAY: Houston LHP Lael Lockhart Jr. (0-1, 6.75) vs. Texas A&M LHP Jonathan Childress (0-1, 2.79)
ON TOURNAMENT OPPOSITION
• The all-Texas field features Houston facing off with TCU, Texas State and Texas A&M. Baylor and Rice are also in the tournament, but will not matchup with the Cougars.
• TCU comes into the weekend with a 5-2 record and is coming off a Wednesday game at Sam Houston State that was called in the second inning due to excessive fog.
• The Horned Frogs, which check in No. 18 and 19 in some polls, were picked third and garnered one first-place vote in the Big 12 Preseason Poll.
• TCU is batting .311 as a team and have a 3.19 ERA, compared to opponents’ .221 average and 6.67 ERA.
• Texas State, who plays Rice on Friday, enters with a 5-3 record and is coming off a 12-5 loss to Texas A&M-Corpus Christi on Wednesday.
• The Bobcats were tabbed to finish second in the West Division according to the Sun Belt Conference Preseason Poll.
• Texas State is batting .293 as a team and has a 4.44 ERA, compared to opponents’ .264 average and 7.10 ERA.
• Texas A&M, who plays Baylor and TCU prior to its meeting with Houston, enters with an 8-2 record and is coming off a 6-5 loss to Incarnate Word on Wednesday.
• The Aggies, who rank No. 23 in the country according to Collegiate Baseball, were picked to finish fifth in the Western Division of the SEC Preseason Poll.
• Texas A&M is batting .242 as a team and has a 2.40 ERA, compared to opponents’ .206 average and 5.82 ERA.