Coogs Conf record for 2020

No, the sims don’t factor coaching into the equation. It does factor the home-court advantage, but nothing else other than the current active players for each team – which could also change down the road, affecting the ‘favored’ outcome.

BUMP! Forgot what I predicted, 14-4 is still possible, 13-5 is probably more likely but surprisingly that may win the conference.

Yep I predicted 14-4. I had to keep reminding myself yesterday that when I went through the schd I had them losing SMU on the road. Not one I was wanting to be correct on yesterday. Still hoping for 14-4 record.

Everyone claims they want a strong conference until we lose a game, League was more top-heavy last season but stronger overall this year.

BTW, I think our NET position remained unchanged at 26, while we dropped 2 places in KenPom and BPI to 19th.

4 Likes

Yes something I will definitely compliment our league on this year is there are no RPI anchors you lose street cred on just for playing. Even @usf was a quad 2 win.

3 Likes

Cincy does not go down to defeat easily at home. Remember it wasn’t too long ago they had a monstrous record against us.

Lost 1 spot to #27 when I looked at it earlier today.

https://kenpom.com/

The American has come a long way indeed.

The top 10 AAC teams are 125 or less in NET and BPI ranking systems.

And as Dan correctly notes, no real anchors.

Not bad at all.

3 Likes

Bump. A lotta 13-5’s here. Hope that’s how it ends obviously (even though I said 12-6 above).

Side note…what was I thinking with the NIT prediction…oy…LOL…

Good call back in January.

It’s really unfortunate, but the refs in the AAC really insert themselves into the games. Cinci, UConn, and Memphis, traditional basketball schools, really get huge bumps when we play them. Maybe after several more years of putting our name in the power team category we can get the bias in our favor.

1 Like

I agree about them impacting the game more than they should but I tend to think they are bad across the board with no bias except maybe for the home team at times. Not all of them are bad but some seem so bad that they cast a shadow over each crew. Inconsistency in their calls can make watching AAC games frustrating at times.

They are bad, but also biased. That’s why you don’t see the same discrepancies when playing @ECU or @Tulane. Tulsa and SMU got 7 and 10 more FTs than UH, but Cinci, Memphis, and Uconn got 20 or more extra FT attempts than the coogs. that’s spotting those teams 14 points if we make 100% of our free throws. so really effectively spotting them about 17 points in those games. That is a massive problem.