Coogs land Tx Tech DB Transfer

who wants to have a conversation with you? If you never posted again it would be too soon T-shirt fan

The last thing we need are posters trying to run off fansā€¦

3 Likes

even negative ones that have zero positive things to say? In my opinion they are not worth having around. I can do without them thank you

From what I have seen Jess has been positive on 90% of his posts, been posting for a long time here. He isnā€™t even in the top 5 for being negative on Dana either.

4 Likes

Agree. Active and for the most part positive. All positivity is boring. :sunglasses:

Me and Jess are cool but the dude has been on an absolute tear lately! I can name a top 5 CDH hater and as of now, as far as volume of postsā€¦heā€™s definitely in there.

As far as running off fans, thatā€™s never good. However, there are some that have already left this board or are no longer as active because they log on and the first post they see is a recycled thread harping on Tune or recruiting numbers. The fact that mods donā€™t see this because the posts are not flagged, suggests the community here has shifted to people bathing in negativity.

This place used to be fun. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Top 5:

Cary
Brad
Pearland
Bandera
Jess

For sure

1 Like

I would not like all positive or all negative. My point is most ā€œfansā€ if that is an ok term to use know about 2% of what is going on with our football program. The posts are not made from in depth knowledge rather from the scores, names of recruits, plays we see on the field, etc. None of us are in the locker room, none of us are suited up, none of us have daily conversations with CDH. None of us are in a position to accurately predict anything about the future of UH football. Therefore we have three choices, be negative, be positive or be neutral. I choose a combination of the latter two choices. Negativity is a fault in my opinion. Criticism is the least effect way to coach or get positive results, again my opinion but any management course I have taken suggested just that. It breeds ā€œstinkinā€™ thinkinā€™ā€ which helps no one.

3 Likes

I agree. Big difference in not always being positive and being negative ad nauseam. Different opinions, occasionally mixed in with a fact or two, :joy: make for a good fan board worth reading and maintains membership.

3 Likes

I wonder how @pray10 would feel abt being called a T-Shirt fan. Good thg is we both have given lot of $$ to Univ through Season Tiks n other means n will cont to support UH Athletics w/o being Grads of said University. Thereā€™s more on here like us but w fan base generally not being where it needs to be , Coog Grads could use as many T-Shirt fans as possible!
Out!!!

2 Likes

Great letā€™s start calling people out, Iā€™m a football and basketball season ticket holder, will try to be more positive but call it as I see it, basketball program is rocking but the football programā€¦ maybe itā€™s time for another fan to step away from the fan forum

1 Like

Hey you can step away when you get ready. Iā€™m stating my observations, and 24/7 itā€™s ā€œHolgorsen better do thisā€ā€¦or ā€œHolgorsen better thatā€¦orā€¦ā€ , from you.

If fans on this board can call out players (which was not allowed), then fans should be able to call out other fans. Keep donating, and keep whining for immediate change, see which one makes a difference the fastest.

As far as a certain someone tagging Patrick in an attempt to include him, pathetic! Fight your own battles and he never called Patrick a t-shirt fan!

People are entitled to their own opinions but if all you do is bring negativity, then what fun is that?

2 Likes

:astonished::astonished::astonished:

Patrick sure didnā€™t go to UH and we love him here.

1 Like

I appreciate all true Coog fans, especially the ones who buy tickets and attend games!
Donā€™t care if that person went to UH because we have far, far too many alums who could care less about our great University.
As far as recruiting goes frankly I could care less about recruiting ratings.
Bottom line is that Holgersen is brash and hard to like and sometimes tolerate, but until it is determined if he gets fired I will support him and hope he wins games like he said before his first season .
There is no doubt next year will be key to his tenure.
Our tiny brittle fan base cannot take another bad year

5 Likes

The thing one can objectively like about the transfers brought in the past few days is not so much their star ratings, though those are good in all three cases, as their success playing in a P5 conference. Carter was Techā€™s second leading receiver even though he only played in about half their games due to injury. As a second-year player, Hogan started at CB for Tech. Henry carried or caught the ball 108 times as a true freshman. And all three are from Houston, so those are the kinds of players we want to get in the Portal.

6 Likes

I agree %100 with this. What a unique point of view on Holgy!

True. I remember we brought in a couple of transfers on Holgorsen first year, I believe one was from A&M and the other from Okie lite and transfer to UH because they werenā€™t getting no playing time. They both really didnā€™t make no impact at UH. The transfers weā€™re getting this year are players who were actually playing in their former school.

1 Like

I was told, early in life, ā€œif you donā€™t have anything nice to say, STFUā€ . . . . .

4 Likes

You act like being a t-shirt fan is a bad thing. I like T-shirt fans as long as they arenā€™t critical of current players or coaches. I suspect Pray10 doesnt do that but whatever.
As far as your ticket money, you are getting something in return so call it a fair trade. I spent plenty of money on tuition, tickets donations and a lot of other things and I still dont feel I have the right to criticize the human beings that are doing their best to put an entertaining product on the field.
You did call someone 11 years old earlier on here so you are no saint. Go criticize yourself for not being perfect if you wish to point out people that need to improve. You wont need to spend any money doing so,

2 Likes

Totally agree. I see a thread open and it calls for a change in our QB. That to me is a personal attack on Clayton Tune, not two ways about it. Holgersen on the hot seat? Who cares? I just want him to build a good football team and the ā€œboomsā€ are worth reading. Not so much the ones already calling for his head. Those that contribute to that junk are no better than U Texas fans that hate every coach in the last 20 years.

What if we started a thread and called it ā€œBan Jess22ā€? Then we allow anyone to say whatever negative crap they choose about him. How would that sit with him? He already called you 11 just for disagreeing with him but gets butt hurt for me calling him t shirt fan.

2 Likes