Coogs offer 2018 PG Kevin McCullar from San Antonio Wagner

A lot of people are saying Texas Tech but I have a feeling UH will pull this off.

1 Like

i think that might hurt us in the end sadly. both his mom and dad tech alumni. his dad played football there.

I think your right…ill be ecstatic if it turns out to be us!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1014932927216607232

Wait, what? I thought Pesik said Gabe Grant is going to remain at UH on a scholarship. Even if we land both McCullar and Gorham. No way Rothstein has this correct.

1 Like

Lol. Don’t worry about that, Patrick. Those are the same people that say we’re out of scholarships last year when Zunna committed to us late.

if mccullar dont commit to us then the open ship would have gone to grant. interested to see what they do with the ship should mccullar not commit to us tonight.

I like our chances.

4 Likes

Probably a good sign that Gabe announced today.

1 Like

i didn’t say going to remain on the team, the official 2019 roster/ uh’s social media said he was on the team and i referred to that (the roster was updated months after his announcement)… i said i dont think he would be a walkon… he isnt a walk-on… and this must be a last minute thing as he was encouraging mccullar to come to uh…why would you be recruting to a team you planned on leaving

also you keep twisting what i said…i said we could land gorham but he will sitout at HCC or however way we made 14 work last year… we landed gorham you made it seem like i said we werent going to land him… uh roster says gabe will be on team next year i say he is on the team bcus of roster but no way he will be a walkon, …he leaves you make it seem like im the one who said he been on the team, and not the official roster

http://www.ubbulls.com/sports/mbkb/2018-19/releases/20180705mj3f8n
OFFICIAL

I just think he’s a game changer. He has the potential to make it to the NBA with hard work.

7 pm announcement. I’m guessing that’s cst.

Dang. I think Grant leaving today is a really, really good sign for McCullar. I hope that’s the case.

Also glad to see Grant land on his feet with a D1 program that made the tourney last year and pulled an upset over Zona.

1 Like

Tech it is.

yep

Bummer but not a huge surprise considering his folks went there. Figured that would be where he decided but the news of Grant today seemed like a good sign.

We have 5 scholarships to hand out for 2019. Excited to see who we land.

1 Like

Who else might come in this year?

had his folks not been tech alumni’s we would have gotten him.

Well sugar!