Crow Time

Maybe early 4Q instead of 3Q. USF, Rice, and Tulsa were all still close to start the 4Q. Tulsa was actually close until late in the 4Q and we were down for a chunk of it.

3 Likes

I’ve thought he has been Levine2.0 on numerous occasions BUT have also stated we’ll know by end of next year. Team is 7-1 and looked impressive vs USF and he deserves the accolades for that. No doubt he is growing as a HC. My biggest gripe/meltdown is for whatever reason team looks unprepared to start game at times and that is on coaches. Since he’s the Big Cheese that buck stops with him. Before we anoint him CBY2.0 and build a statue lets win some conference championships, bowl games and beat SMU this week. Go Coogs

ps- not going to lie, I STILL don’t like the TU connection, sorry was instilled into me from pops before I could walk

2 Likes

Well I am happy we have gotten away from the corners playing eight yards off the
receivers. The shut down D we used against USF even had five men up front. If we
go back to the soft D there are going to be some very unhappy people around here.

3 Likes

Was impressed with open field tackling vs USF

3 Likes

This board in a nutshell.

6 Likes

Just a reminder Montgomery won 10 games his second year at Tulsa a few years ago and the wheels have fallen completely off there. Let’s see how the year plays out, Temple and Memphis on the road are capable of beating us. SMU and Tulane I think we’ll be alright. I don’t expect ny6 every year like some do but 10 wins are not guaranteed yet.

1 Like

A “solid OL?” Okay, I’m laughing at the comment, not you personally. Let’s look at that “solid OL.” Going in, the coaches said they thought they could have a productive offense if the offensive line was just average. After a few games, two starters, Zach Johnson and Ben Dew, had been lost for the season. We moved a true freshman to starting center, and all in all freshmen started 29 games in the OL that season. We had one pretty solid player, LT Alex Cooper. Everywhere else it was pretty much a hodge podge all year. We had running back by committee that year. Yet we still finished #10 in scoring offense.

We had two senior tackles, a freshman all american center and a good blocking TE/FB. The oline was solid. We averaged 40 points a game with that line.

If Briles leaves and Major decides to hire Brian Johnson as his OC again, then he will be Levine v2.0. If Briles does leave, maybe Meachem will still be available. 7-1… Ya Woo Cougar Football #YWCF

I’m with you Coog1. But, the haters will hate.

Yes, Carter Wall was an Outland finalist. :wink: You realize Noble was named Freshman All-American because he was like the only true freshman starting at center in the FBS? Interesting that he didn’t even make all-conference either of the next two seasons. No, the OL was not solid. It was a mishmash of different starters every week. I’ve already said how many times freshmen started games. It’s amazing we were able to finish in the top 10 in scoring.

We can agree to disagree. The line played fine. Gave GW time to throw and opened up holes for Farrow/Jackson. They whipped FSU Dline in the bowl game as well.

TTU whipped us here and whipped us there. I have no confidence we would beat them now. Number 1 offense in the NCAA and number 118 defense (out of 129). Defense should be much better considering we have the best player in the country. I feel like the defense can give up 60 points at any time.

1 Like

Crazy misleading. In opponents yard per play vs FBS teams UH is 61st.

1 Like

I watched a different game. UH running backs had 23 carries for all of 79 yards, a 3.4 ypc average. That would rank somewhere around #118 this season. FSU’s DL definitely was NOT getting pushed around. Yes, Ward scrambled and made some plays with his feet as he always did. But we mixed it up beautifully, ran reverses, scored on a double-reverse pass, etc.

People can watch the same game and come to different conclusions. We were more physical. Applewhite certainly called a great game. No arguing that.

One thing I do remember from that game was shutting down Dalvin Cook to only 18 carries and 33 yards! To me that was AMAZING!

5 Likes

sometimes you just have to go with a feeling when one is too lazy to look it up. I know early on in the season a few games felt closer than they should but I never felt we were toast except for tt.

I want to have this conversation when the season is over. I believe it is a little premature at this point.

3 Likes

very nice post, Coog1…
and for all you whiners who constantly complain about Apple and CMD, get ready…You arent just going to eat crow…you are going to have it shoved down your throats and made to like it…

3 Likes