D Kings future

I keep hearing he is staying and then he is gone. My question to those in the know is if he is in fact going to enter the portal would it not be best for him to do so now instead of waiting to get the best chance to pick a school with a QB need? If this is the way it works? He has not done so then I see him keeping his commitment to UH and the fans that he is a Cougar for life. I would love to see him put these persistent rumors to rest and tweet out something like this " For all you doubters out there I am not leaving the UH program and I will be back as a Coog next season"

I think he gets to continue to work out with the team as long as he doesn’t announce. Even if it’s 100% that he’s leaving, that still gets him more practice and reps.

(I personally don’t think he’s decided yet.)

Just don’t see him coming back , what is our upside next year? Probably 7 wins max if lucky, we go to BYU, Wash St, Memphis, SMU, Navy, probably all losses, even at 7 wins , nothing to play for here really, some crappy bowl maybe next year, when he might go to a power5 program with much more to play for, just my reasoning and thought ls

I am not at practice so I can’t say for sure, but talking to people who know a thing or two, there is a tremendous amount of talent on the scout teams that will playing next year. Depending on injuries, because we still lack depth, we could be very good next year.

2 Likes

This is silly. Most of our losses with this year’s team could have easily been wins. Next year’s team will be deeper and better at almost every position. There’s a lot to play for, and it’s pretty obvious.

9 Likes

The only thing anyone can go by is what he says, which is that he’s coming back. If he had stayed silent on it or non-committed, then all the speculation would OK, but still pointless. Only D’Eriq knows what he’s going to do.

I believe what he has said publicly but he can change his mind.

If he is planning to leave I’m sure there are back channels for him to let teams know and gauge their interest.

As for him making a statement; he could compose the perfect words, carve it in stone, and register it with the government…wouldn’t change anyone’s prediction.

3 Likes

OK, here is what I have been told by two different guys:

Guy in the know #1: He is definitely coming back and Tune will redshirt.
Guy in the know #2: He’s gone, it’s Tune’s job now.

I have also heard speculation that he will be back as a WR.

Now, I hope that clears things up for you guys.

3 Likes

We will see

D King can’t enter the transfer portal at this time because he is a Senior. Hence, why he is sitting out a year to graduate. At that point, he may be a graduate transfer, go pro or play for UofH. If King admitted or announced he was transferring now he would be kicked off the team and wouldn’t have a place to practice football and workout facility.

Who cares…Woth this RS rebuilding year, either we her D. King with a loaded team or we get Tune who had a year to develop.

IF its King we can redshirt Tune…we will be fine at QB…we need to build depth on D!

If Tune is the guy we are not fine at QB. Massoud will beat him out for starter.

I don’t understand how you can give the job to a guy in HS who hasn’t even signed yet. I think Tune will be a very good QB next year and, is as good as our OL and receivers are allowing him to be this year. I will assume he is our starting QB unless shown otherwise by CDH.

2 Likes

It’s just message board talk. Tune had a nice run yesterday, but I haven’t seen him put together a complete game. The kid in high school is the best player in the city and had 10TD in a game.

Is he really that good? I’m surprised other schools have not been all over him if that is the case. I don’t think he has picked up a new offer all year.

You lost me at “guys in the know”.

There are no guys in the know that post here.

2 Likes

Sofian is a Texas Top 100 recruit. Best player is not accurate as there are many recruits rated higher than him. I should have said most prolific two-way player in the city. Dude had 10 TD and picked off a pass playing safety in the same game. I don’t know of any other DT QB/S in the state that has put up those kind of numbers.

Sofian is approaching 8,000 Passing yds for his high school career, not including rushing stats. Tune, for comparison, only ended up with 3,250 passing yds in his high school career.

I’m not sure why Sofian doesn’t have more than 4 offers, but Josh Jacobs only had one (1) offer coming out of high school to Alabama. Jacobs was selected in the 1st rd. of NFL Draft. Recruiting is not an exact science.

1 Like

Don’t forget Bryson Smith had ridiculous numbers and 55 TDs his senior year. Is it certain Massoud will be a QB here? From looking at his stats, the biggest issue I see is completion percentages in the 50s. Not knowing the team, I don’t know how much that is accuracy or just bad teammates. Anyway if he starts at QB as a true freshman then it would mean either everybody else missed on him or we are in for another tough year.

According to 247, Jacobs had 9 offers including OU, Mizzou, Iowa St. Alabama alone shows he had serious talent though.

Au contrair mon ami, don’t you know everyone on here are either guys in the know, know guys in the know, or know guys who know guys in the know? :wink:

1 Like

If Massoud played all 4 years at Cy-Lakes, he would easily be a 4-5 star recruit with Big 12 and SEC offers