D’Onofrio

If we fire him are some good corners magically going to show up too.

1 Like

They might if the QB didnt have 5 seconds to throw

3 Likes

Dude. It’s the air raid. Yeah… worse.

Edit: I was hoping that Kingsbury will get fired this year, so that we could get Gibbs back. His defense is perfect for a high-powered offense

3 Likes

D’Onofrio and CMA knew coming in that we had to improve. Who is responsible for recruiting? This is not the job of the equipment guy. This is a crucial part of their job. You have holes? You try to fill them.

3 Likes

Was it a molar. Those are the ones that are easy to screw up. Easy to miss a canal.

1 Like

Agree. Whose job is it to teach the DBs to tackle. They did this same thing last year (Memphis) so CMD brought in HIS guys to coach the DBs. No improvement.

2 Likes

We got a new OC. Did some WR and linemen just magically show up?

2 Likes

If he does not make a change it will be his downfall as the head coach. I expect Briles to be the head coach if things don’t change.

There needs to be more until he is gone. But he wont be.

Indeed it was a molar. That is what my second dentist said. My human psyche made me feel better to see another dentist. Thank you for pointing it out. Everyone makes mistakes.
As far as D’Onofrio he had the benefit to see the xrays from last year & knew what klingsburry specializes on.

1 Like

I’m more of lurker and not a poster. But I have to get this off of my chest. The defense was so sad today. I was seriously cringing and wondering how could we have messed up on this hire. I mean the way we lost is disgusting. This is purely on the defensive coach. Not on major or briles. I seriously would fire the def coach by Sunday. I know it seems harsh but there’s no way you can let anyone put 60+ points and let a freshman score 605 yards. If donofrio had a decent bone in his body, he would put in his resignation. I know it’s harsh but he clearly is not ready for this level of coaching. Seriously I was feeling sick watching our defensive talents and heisman candidate go to waste. That is all. I can’t express enough sadness over this loss.

9 Likes

Coach d’onofrio Threads = teachs offense. Just not gonna be able to stop it.

No more new D’Onofrio threads. Keep it all here.

Trying

1 Like

It’s the hot topic. You’re doing a great job!

2 Likes

If CMA does look to go with a new DC next year, I hope he looks at former co-worker and Houston native Blake Baker. Baker is now the D.C at Louisiana Tech and his defenses have consistently ranked high in creating turnovers.

Baker was on the UT staff when CMA was OC there, is originally from Clear Springs and attended school at Tulane. Seems like the type of guy we should be after and could land.

4 Likes

Tech score 70 on Lamar and 63 on UH defense that is just sad.

1 Like

What today shows me is Briles will leave. Then what. You need to convince Briles that he doesn’t have to score 70 points to win a game. Need to wrap him up tomorrow. Then fix the defense. My opinion.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more. There are so many quality coaches out there that do more with less. Orlando did it at USU and UH. He knows How to defend against spead offenses. D’Onofrio doesn’t have a clue about how to stop a high scoring passing offense. Again, what a waste that big Ed won’t get a chance to play in a BCS bowl. Sadly, I think we’ll get torched by every passing team this year, and most of those teams are built to defend against passing teams.

Speaking of coaches, what’s going on at North Texas? They look good. Their DC helped hold Askansas to 17 points on the road while putting up 44 points in route.

The secondary isn’t good and their tackling was terrible. That has nothing to do with scheme. The problem is they should have tried blitzing at some point just to try.

It’s hard to say the offense sucked with all the points but the urgency and playcalling at times in the second half was questionable.

2 Likes