D’Onofrio

I agree with this, but a lot of these guys are multi-year starters. At some point you have to show you can coach these guys to be better, or put them in a position where they aren’t getting smoked.

4 Likes

Briles wasn’t impressive today.

1 Like

You have got to be kidding

3 Likes

“We told you this would happen.”

• Signed the entire population of Miami.
11 Likes

When the game was still in play there were 3 run plays in a row. No sense of urgency late. The offense is good but there’s definite questions about some of the strategy late in the game.

1 Like

I see Tulsa putting at least 50 on defense this year.

1 Like

Not arguing with every play call but the offense scored 49 points. That should win you football games. Our offense is not the problem.

6 Likes

#truthbomb

I have been on this board for so long that I remember people making the same argument about Benedict Briles. People used to complain that he had a high school offense. However, we were putting up 30-some-odd points a game. Problem was D

3 Likes

Blitz on 3rd and 27…not give up 28 yards for a first down. We had them where we wanted them…to me that in the turning point of the game…

2 Likes

No one said it’s a problem and the last TD the Raiders basically gave it up. However, if you watched the 4th quarter and don’t think the offense was odd then it’s just because you don’t want to be critical of Briles.

and that means they’ll put up 50 this year?

I totally agree. That series was strange. At the time I though that Applewhite was conceding the game but then he kicks a onside kick and starts throwing. Made no sense to me.

On the positive side we didn’t give up 70 points.

Really great to see all-world Oliver take up 3 of their lineman. What I was even more enthused about was how we brought all that pressure as 3 of their lineman were on one of our guys… oh wait

2 Likes

No, but calling someone a moron because Tulsa is losing to Ark St is ignoring history. If a team can lose to 3 win UNM (and almost everyone else) and score 45 on you, they can possibly score 50 after losing to Ark St (even if its unlikely)

@RTV1995 Yeah, the name calling on here will get you a vacation. If you want to do that, please take it to another board.

Exactly our DC has no clue how to utilize Oliver. Instead of blitzing from the start he starts to blitz (occasionally) in the 4th qtr when Oliver is gasses and they don’t need to put 3 guys on him anymore.

3 Likes

NO INTs today. And for much of the geme we rushed 3 and just sat back, gave the QB all day. The D gameplan made no sense, and I feel terrible the kids were put in a position to fail on defense.

4 Likes

CMD definitely needs to go, like now. And you rarely hear me call for firings during the season.

We are wasting our kid’s time and talent on defense, and wasting Oliver.

6 Likes

3rd and 28…and we give them a 1st down…where was the blitz???

1 Like