Dana and Tune

It’ll be cryptic. Something like, “I’m a warrior” or, “look at me”

5 Likes

He was until told to quiet down.

1 Like

When the RS went down, I posted that I think when Dana called King in, he told him he was being pulled and replaced by Tune and gave him his options. King decided to RS. His dad said he was transferring and then quieted down.

I don’t know what King’s thoughts were at the time, but I said I thought he was gone and held that opinion until a couple of posts made me wonder. He may have decided to go from day one. The fact that he was only running scout squad plays tells me he wasn’t growing in Dana’s offense.

I don’t fault him. His talents and abilities are not suited to our offense. He is a look at primary target and run if covered. Reading defenses and going through reads did not appear to me to be in his wheel house.

He is an alumnus of UH and always will be. I am proud that he graduated and wish him well wherever he ends up. Now, he does not hold my interest any longer.

7 Likes

If Tune can read defenses a little better and cut down on turnovers we will be fine.

4 Likes

Just Stop!!! None of you know what is happening between D’Eric and CDH. Tune had a young inexperienced Offensive line. He had to grow up week by week. Our crowd size should not be determined by one player. If you ask me I have felt the same way for my entire lifetime, buy tickets, put your butt in the seat and show support.

I sat through 0 and 11 so this is a piece of cake. D’Eric is one player not a team.

24 Likes

He could have, but King still could have redshirted. See Kelly Bryant at Clemson/Mizzou. I think CDH played it as well as possible.

5 Likes

If anyone has been screwed around the past two years it has been young Tune…first Applewhite decided to rip up his redshirt papers by playing him in a meaningless bowl wipe out, and then past year he was thrown to the dogs after King decided he needed to redshirt.
On the bright side, Tune has the equivalent of one full season behind him now, but will actually go into the Spring knowing he has the best shot to be the team’s quarterback.
And hopefully he will now be playing with all the tools he needs to be successful including a decent offensive line.
With young Tune at quarterback nobody actually blew us out…
Yes he made some bad decisions and no he can’t run like King, but I still remain confident that he is better for this offense.
Give the kid a chance before dissing him off. He has a chance to be a very good quarterback here. And after all the crap he has gone through the past two years no one deserves a break more than Tune…

24 Likes

Corbin’s dad was?

I was just going to say this. There is a lot of context surrounding Tune’s performance last season, but his biggest flaw is turnovers. If he can stop forcing stuff (which he probably felt he had to sometimes), then he will be a good QB. He has experience. He has the arm. He has the mobility factor. He has Stevenson and maybe Corbin coming back. And most importantly, he won’t have high school seniors blocking for him!

Call me what you want but I believe in Tune and CDH’s play calling to get us back where we need to be.

16 Likes

I don’t know if you remember Blake Joseph well.
My recollection:
Had a an absolute cannon for an arm.
Had zero touch - it was cannon or nothing.
Field vision was below average.

4 Likes

I’m with you 100%…Tune will be fine, to even very good. Was literally ANYONE talking about Joe Burrow last year (if you say Yes, you are lying…)
We will have an OL which should be much improved across the board (even with Jones graduating), which from what I saw, contributed to most of Tune’s hurries and not so good decisions.

For God’s sake. Give Tune and CDH a chance at this and stop being so negative.

15 Likes
2 Likes

Did Dana recruit the Miami qb that transferred to wvu and is in the portal now again? Alison.

The jury is still out on Tune … he kept killing our drives by throwing into double and triple coverage resulting in more INTs than Kardashian has boyfriends …

When even Andre Ware commented on TV that Tune needs to consult with whomever to make better decisions then you know … all is not well in Denmark … and its not that Tune has just started … he has been with us for almost two seasons now …

3 Likes

Tune simply ain’t the answer. Gonna be another long, dismal season if he’s the starter.

Holgorsen has been completely hamstrung by this King situation. It’s concerning that he couldn’t make it work, even before the redshirt. The team had a crap year last season with the sliver of hope that maybe they’d turn it around in '20. Not likely to contend now. Holgorsen will very likely be staring down year 3 with no momentum and zero hype. Recruiting is meh already. Doesn’t bode well for success.

2 Likes

Tune for Heisman!

4 Likes

You guys know we went 4-8 last year right? Four. And. Eight. You can make all the excuses you want, the less players on that field in 2020 that were here in 2019 the better, that includes QB. We hadn’t missed a bowl since 2012 we’re basically back to the Dimel years now. “Yeah but the 4-8 players are a year older now.” Um. OK. Hopefully our redshirters and transfers can save us. That’s quite a gamble but that’s the hope.

2 Likes

Hear hear! Tune time, baby! Really like what I saw from that young man this past season. His touch on the long outs was Kyle Allenesque.

1 Like

So you’re saying experience has no value?

You don’t want any part of that. He’s a good kid who is basically a statue with an OK arm. He is a Sun Belt/Mac level player at best. Honestly he belongs in FCS. Tune is leaps and bounds better than Jack Allison

1 Like