Dana and Tune

You do realize that we lost two multi year starting senior linemen during the season that are returning for a 5th year next year right? That usually helps. And our star LT didn’t play in the last 4 games or so due to injury. Patrick Paul was starting at LT for us as a true Freshman.

1 Like

Tune was usually throwing a lot of passes because we were behind.

Tune will have a significantly more talented and experienced offensive team around him next year…SENIORS help you win games …Williams and B. Jones will be 5th yr senior OLs who played very little last year due to injuries and redshirting…Bardwell will be a senior…Freeman, who was a frosh last year, will a soph who is now a veteran starter…Mulbah Car, by FAR our best RB, will be playing 12 games instead of 4! Porter back for his senior year…A very good group of receivers will be even better, and they were good last year…Stevenson will have a dominant senior year…Singleton and Bradley played well last year…Corbin will be back and he is a senior veteran…again, 12 games instead of 4…Tune pressed a little last year…Who wouldnt, given the circumstances he inherited? Tune will start to come into his own next year…
And the Massoud kid is going to be a great player in future…
This team is going to be a WHOLE lot better on both sides of the ball…I expect to contend for a division crown next year…

5 Likes

So here’s a novel recruiting ad: Wanted - Excellent QB who will never play behind a decent OL during his tenure at UH. Please call CoogFan experts to review credentials and prioritize death-wish alternatives, starting with weekly internet meltdowns.

6 Likes

first you have to have a pocket

8 Likes

king started and could not find an aircraft carrier ten feet away. That was the 2019 king version.
After a few bad games he decided to quit yes quit on his Team. Stop the king excuses. He made his own bed. We now know this is exactly what happened. Put yourself as a HC. Making this decison king threw a monkey wrench into CDH plans. How is that for kumbaya spirit?
Tune comes in and blows his hamstring
How the few of you even critic his accuracy or judgment tells me you have never played sport.
The only fault that CDH might have made was to keep Tune in too long.
Tune will be fine. Playing hurt does wonder for your “growing up”
I am waiting on the post king picture that he posted earlier and his destination.
This entire charade might have been orchestrated when Briles left. That is what I am smelling right now.

9 Likes

No matter who the QB is or was, none are Dana’s guys except his son. He has to bring his own QB in here eventually and make it work, and if he can’t do that then he’s not who should be coaching this team anyway. He can’t go into this season with Tune as his starter unless A) He believes Tune is the answer or B) He has no plan or idea…we’ll see.

Can anybody of you have faith on your HC?
Thankfully I am not the only one.

5 Likes

No it won’t because we have a lot of very talented players coming back to be on the defensive side of the ball. Further the line will be better and give CT more protection. We are going to be alright next year and likely surprise a lot of people including our fans.

2 Likes

A coach can go into his 2nd season with a holdover Jr QB with starting experience. It may not be ideal but definitely not unheard of - it’s year 3 when he better have a Plan B if that QB is not the answer.

We have a mediocre to bad offensive line and not much better on defense. Who says the redshirts guys can even play?

One of them was the #1 recruit of Alabama out of high school. So yea I think some of them are players.

2 Likes

I can’t believe so much negativity towards Clayton after what he endured. Forget King. I don’t think Ward could have overcome our OL, defense, and oft times pitiful receiving.

4 Likes

Why do people quickly go to the negative? Just maybe, CDH saw that King was not the right QB for his system and let him red shirt because he had some sympathy for what the young man had been through (coaching changes, injuries, etc). Based on his performance in games 1-4, it was not a detriment to the team that he not play and he did need somebody to run the scout team each week. Just one of many possibilities…

2 Likes

Good point… maybe “LFG” is French for “good luck young man!” Well, I hear it is French…because they always say pardon their French.

2 Likes

A dozen likes to Becky. Go girl!

3 Likes

I am just ready to turn the page. Dang, it has been a rough few days in Htown.

2019 UH Cougars Defense -
The magic # was 30 points. Every game we held an opponent under 30, we won. Also, any team that scored at least 30, beat us. In the 8 games we lost, our team gave up an average of 41 points. You simply cannot be successful giving up 41 points a game. For reference, Clemson played in 15 games and only gave up more than 30 points in one game all year. That game happens to be the only game they lost, giving up 42 to LSU in the Title game yesterday. The success of 2020 will weigh heavily on if the defense can turn the page. We cannot rely on Clayton Tune (or any other quarterback for that matter) to put up 50 points every week against Memphis, Navy, etc. in order to have a chance to win.

6 Likes

I remember watching the Navy game. How Clayton kept us in it but thinking, this is unsustainable. Navy was literally scoring every possession. Our O-line was collapsing. They were sending everyone through the line like a bunch of wild-eyed kids through a wall of Lego. Eventually the odds caught up with Clayton but he kept throwing haymakers.

6 Likes

It’s hard to comprehend why there are so many whiny and negative fans on Coogfans. To some, it seems as if a Joe Namath or a Joe Burrow doesn’t show up within the next 6 months, then it’s just “all over” for UH FB. I don’t get it. Am I in Austin?

8 Likes