Danuel House

House is proud to be a former student of the University of Texas A&M.

1 Like

I was never so glad to see a player leave. Cancer

8 Likes

“One and done” guys haven’t picked UH since the late Alton Ford in 2000 for Drexler. It is either revisionist history for Danuel or he made one really bad decision for trying to go one and done with UH/Dickey.

I think he made a wise decision for all when he chose to leave though because I did not see much from him during the Dickey years that suggested he was a fit for Sampson’s “culture” and he would have been stuck on the bench for extended periods to get the message across.

(Side note: the one I think that could have done well with Sampson and should have stayed was TaShawn Thomas.)

5 Likes

He learned how to coast the until 5 min left in the game.
Loser!

2 Likes

CKS might have strangled House before the end of that 1st season if House had stayed. Talk about oil and water. :joy:

I know it’s Twitter, but that’s painful to read, and not in an emotional way. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

It cracks me up all the ill will toward House. He saw the writing on the wall after one season here. Dickey hadn’t been a good coach in 20 years. Even then he cheated big time to get the success he did.

Chicken stuck around and he suffered for it. Once there was a coaching change, didn’t matter if Sampson was the greatest coach of all time, Chicken was not his recruit, not his type of player.

If House sticks around, best case scenario for him was carrying the team to enough wins that Dickey keeps his job a few more years. You guys should be grateful he left, buried Dickey and made an opening for Sampson.

2 Likes

I thought he left after Dickey was fired.

5 Likes

Kelvin would not have signed House

1 Like

No chance.

1 Like

He did, but there was a good chance he was going to leave even if Dickey had stayed.

4 Likes

Also, remember that House and Sampson have some history from their short period together.

“I want (Sampson’s decision to not let them transfer) to go viral,” House told MyFoxHouston. "I want people to know that they’re holding us hostage, that they just don’t want to give us our release. They give one of my teammates his release and let him talk to (other) schools and they’re not giving me my release.

“I think it’s unfair. It’s not right.”

Surprised he hasn’t said something similar about his current situation with the Rockets.

3 Likes

I’m not impressed with House’s character.

6 Likes

It cracks me up that House is defending his name due to a Twitter response from an unknown day trader. Maybe there is more to the story but responding to every criticism on Twitter is not a good idea for a professional…it only brings out the crazies when they know they can get under your skin so easy.

No ill will towards House. He made the right move for himself. UH is in a better place too. Maybe he should have focused on how both situations improved after he left.

3 Likes

Grammar

2 Likes

A few thoughts on this

1. In terms of his Freshman year, he is right about the schedule. It was beyond atrocious, which was pretty inexcusable given that we had Joe Young, Tashawn and House. We seriously might not have gotten an at large bid with a 31-3 record. Going 20-13 against that schedule was also inexcusable though.

2. Our OOC his sophomore year was really bad again, but the AAC was a really, really good conference that year. The friggin’ national champs came from our conference. So for him to say he didn’t have the opportunity to show what he could do against top level competition is a little disingenuous because he certainly had the opportunity in his sophomore year.

3. I’m confident he got better coaching at A&M like he says. Dickey seemed like a nice guy but was a pretty bad coach. Obviously he would have received great coaching from CKS (assuming there’s any way he could have bought in to Sampson’s culture, which is a huge if). But his transfer worked out really well for him, so hard to say he made the wrong move.

4. Mack Rhodes withholding releases was pretty bush league. His opposition to Joe Young’s waiver was extremely bush league as well.

5. I don’t think either side is wrong in this stalemate with the Rockets, but given that he’s wandered in the NBA abyss for a while it seems risky to turn down a guaranteed $3 million to $5 million (or whatever the minimum is for him each year for the 3 years the Rockets offered). I guess we’ll see this summer if it was a smart gamble.

3 Likes

The biggest mistake of it all was getting rid of Penders for Dickey. I think Dickey is a fine man but had no business being a head coach at this time. The only reason I could think of why we hired him is that he was cheap and made a commitment to recruit locally and bring in some good freshmen talent.

3 Likes

Excellent summation. Agree on all points. Again, my goal when posting those tweets wasn’t to point a finger at House, it was more to bring light to how bad Dickey’s tenure was. Your point 3 summarizes that well.

From House’s POV regarding the Rockets, he doesn’t have much to lose. He’s 25, so signing the non-guaranteed or partially guaranteed contract that was offered locks him in until he’s 28 and past his prime. After how he played, I imagine someone will take a look at him next season.

However, I have a feeling that he’ll be back with the Rockets at some point; maybe after the trade deadline this week or after the deadline to sign players for the playoff roster on March 1st. They’ll convert his contract at that point and he’ll play out the rest of the season and be a restricted free agent this offseason. At his age, might as well take the shot…there’s quite a few questionable GMs that make questionable decisions.

2 Likes

He’s comments are so cringe worthy. He needs to remember he’s no longer that kid just out of high school. I think him venting has to do about him no longer being with the Rockets any longer but with the Vipers. This is why you never recruit divas to your programs, and can hurt team chemistry and culture. Good riddance Daniel House or whatever your name is. Now we know what kind of character you have and why you probably won’t amount to any real success in the NBA.

2 Likes

Agree with prgs. Don’t think he has the social skills to take big league nba criticism.