Danuel House

I don’t understand much of what he is saying. I need an angry/self centered to English dictionary to interpret it. Maybe there is an app.

4 Likes

One thing missing from this thread is that House and Thomas were not making their own decisions when they were being recruited out of HS.
They had AAU Pimps advising/directing them. Yeah they signed with UH but UH had a coach whose name escapes me who was tight with the AAU guys. He left UH and brought in players for SMU and then SMU got in trouble if I remember correctly (?). You would have thought that House would have gone to Louisville since they wanted him and we now know about the AAU/Snicker companies and Louisville.

I still remember Thomas’s father posting about his son and awful UH. I do not recall Duke, Kentucky, Michigan St, or Kansas or another top BB program wanting his son. Oh, and he and House should have told the AAU pimp that they were not ho’s and that they would sign with another school.

2 Likes

Ulric Maligi?

1 Like

Unfortunately Thomas was negatively influenced by House. I watched the whole thing develop over a couple of seasons in our section right behind the UH bench where the players’ families/friends sat

1 Like

Chicken didn’t suffer because he stuck around. He suffered because he didn’t do what was needed for him to be a better player and contribute more to the team.

TBH Sampson didn’t ask Chicken to do anything that wouldn’t be required for him to play at a higher level. He just wasn’t willing to put in the work.

2 Likes

House is not a Coog. He left and obviously feels his time at UH was a waste. He is in the Sims boat IMO.

4 Likes

Thomas was top 100 in ESPN and really was a heckuva player. The old sites don’t show what other offers he had, but I remember that he had some solid options. Texas was interested in him, but he was a back-up plan if one of their top targets didn’t sign.

His dad was generally pretty informative and seemed like a nice guy when he would post. The only time I remember him trashing UH at all on the board was when he came to discuss why his son chose to leave, which predictably did not go well, and people started trashing his son. I’m not surprised that his family was less than happy at games as 72 indicated.

I don’t blame him for transferring. He played his tail off for a pretty miserable three year run here and ended up starting every game for a Sweet 16 team when he left.

I think he also still favorably represents the Coogs quite a bit.

1 Like

I thought he was a 3-star player? I could very well be wrong but I didn’t think he was considered top 100. Anyway, although his father overvalued his ability somewhat, I think both were probably OK with UH early on. Of course the lack of team success and coaching predictably took their toll but the House situation exacerbated the disenchantment.

I certainly hope this is the last thread on Danuel House.

3 Likes

I think House is WAY underestimating how much his brief stint of success with the Rockets is attributable to the greatness of Harden. Guess we’ll find out if he joins another team next year.

2 Likes

Tashawn was 3 star on Rivals and 4 star on ESPN and 247 composite.

He was really good here. His efficiency and production dropped a little after the transfer to OU due in part to the step up in competition but also because one of the few things we did really well under Dickey was set up post isolations. But even then, he still averaged 11.6 points and 6.5 in the Big 12 for a Sweet 16 team.

1 Like

Oh no need for another one. This one will just keep going going going.
Just watch! :roll_eyes::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

i really dont get the hate on house still…i maybe understood in when he left but still makes no sense, he still speak positively of UH since he left…he has publicly said even though it didnt work out he didnt regret his decision to come here…

he has since met with the current staff and amended the relationship and has been to facilities numerous times …

he honestly probably made the right decision…

there is also ZERO…zilch, nothing, that connects maligi to any sort of paying or aau pimping or whatever you guys want to believe…the smu scandal was about a tutor taking a test…dont make it seem like that was a scandal was about paying…i HATE the insinuation that UH ever payed any player in recent years…we didnt…

2 Likes

Yeah. A lot of what he did this season was due to playing with Harden and finding a good situation. I don’t think he’s really banking on another opportunity to start and average double figures for a solid playoff team. But what he’s being offered is pretty paltry in NBA terms. The Rockets last offer was 3 years at the minimum. Note that House is fine with and wants to play the rest of the year on the minimum, so the Rockets obviously think he could play his way into some better offers as well. Honestly, I think that same deal will probably be there for him from the Rockets or someone else this offseason (though of course the Rockets will match since he’s restricted) based on what he showed in his brief time starting. There’s also a decent chance he could get something like 3 years in the neighborhood of $9 million to $15 million after the season. Since a 3 year contract would eat up 3 years of his prime and he wouldn’t be an FA again until he’s 28, it’s hard to hold it against him trying to get a better deal to set his family up for the rest of his life.

1 Like

What might also be a brilliant move on Daryl Morey’s part would be to sign House to a deal that’s favorable to him in order to get him in the fold for this year’s playoffs and then trade him in the offseason. If House at that point is as vital in the postseason as he was before getting sent down, it would give the Rockets either a valuable sell-high trade piece or, if there are no suitable takers, a solid role player going into next year. Either way, it’s probably a win-win for the Rockets. I bet Morey’s thinking that, too, and at any rate, is probably waiting for what transpires with Thursday’s trade deadline. We should know pretty quickly after that what they intend to do with House.

1 Like

Danuel House was recruited to play for a Big East UH team. I don’t like him due to some stuff I saw him pull on campus, but I can’t begrudge him for leaving for basketball reasons.

He claims he was a one and done coming out of high school, and somehow going to UH screwed that up?

Yet despite two years here and one year at A&M, he’s still trying to catch on to an NBA team six or seven years later.

I think he might have overvalued himself and he’s directing his disappointment to UH rather than looking in the mirror.

I didn’t weep when that guy or Joe Young left. I was sad to see Tashawn Thomas go.

And Pesik, you’re welcome to reply with a long rant about how clean Maligi and Brown were–you’ve done it many, many times–but save your breath as the reported facts say otherwise.

4 Likes

please post a link to these reported “facts”… a tutor took a test for a Frazier. brown lied about not knowing about it before the ncaa meeting, but told the truth 10 mins later and said he didnt know why he lied…that is the scandal
if you have ANY other evidence point it out

"fact"s dont equal your preferred opinion…smu was a cheating scandal not a recruiting scandal…

I wish Ulric would have checked on some of my high school grades when I was a senior…I might have become Valedictorian of my class. And, when I use “checked on”, I mean by him inquiring about what I needed to do, my grade would somehow improve to where I needed it to be. Unfortunately, I was more of a Mathlete.

I am not judging Ulric – these are minor compared to other infractions by other programs. But I am not going to pretend that he is playing by the books either.

3 Likes

but that wasnt a violation and by defintion is by the “book”

wink wink nudge nudge

He said knowingly.