Defense ranked 3rd in efficiency

“Team efficiencies are based on the point contributions of each unit to the team’s scoring margin, on a per-play basis. The values are adjusted for strength of schedule and down-weighted for “garbage time” (based on win probability). The scale goes from 0 to 100; higher numbers are better and the average is roughly 50 for all categories. Efficiencies update daily during the season.”

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings/_/sort/defEfficiency/tab/efficiency

3 Likes

Big, big test vs a Tech Offense that’s jammin so far

A big big test for Tech’s offense as well.

2 Likes

We’re 10th in overall efficiency, which seems…generous, to say the least.

Well if you look, our offense is ranked 59th and our special teams is ranked 50th. The top 10 overall is a mixture of teams with great rankings in one category like Houston, OK State and Oklahoma and teams that are top 25 overall in all three categories like Alabama and Penn State.

Let’s look at those stats after we play somebody.

1 Like

Does that apply to Allen as well? Seems no matter what the new defense does, they get no credit because of who we play but everyone feels great about the QB despite who we have played.

Yes

We are wasting a top 10 defense by having a 98th ranked offense.

Dang! What Scott Frost has done at UCF in so little time is nothing short of amazing. I think they’ll win the east this year and I think they’ll do it easily.

98th ranked offense? I didn’t realize it was that bad. Nothing like being boring and unproductive!

Those stats make me laugh. We are ranked ahead of Alabamas defense? HahahahahahahahahahhahagahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhhahahahahhahahhahahHhhHhhhhhhhhaaaahahaahhahahhahhahahhahhahahahaaa!
Like I said before, get back to me AFTER we play somebody! And no, Temple doesn’t count! And neither does SMU.
Hahahahahahahaha. Too funny.

UH has played the two P5s on the schedule and has only P6 teams remaining. Granted a few of those teams (Memphis, USF or Navy?) might beat Arizona on the road and Texas Tech at home but not many.

If you do not believe in this defense at this point after keeping a dual-threat QB mostly in check on the road and one of the nation’s best offenses to a relatively pedestrian performance, then maybe your standards are too high?

4 Likes

Here is a list of teams Alabama’s opponents have beaten.
FSU … no one
Fresno … Incarnate Word
Colorado State … Oregon State, Abilene Christian
Vanderbilt … Middle Tennessee State, Alabama A&M, Kansas State

“The values are adjusted for strength of schedule and down-weighted for “garbage time” (based on win probability)”

Get back to me when Alabama has played someone.

3 Likes

How long will it take to block this troll. He was on the other site as well.

2 Likes

UHQB1 is the same genius that thinks we should only schedule one and dones with P5 teams every year. Critical thinking is not his strength.

1 Like

It appears my standards are higher than yours. I’m OK with that. Are you?
We aren’t a P5 team and most folks would say BOTH Arizona and Texas Tech are at the bottom of the P5 ranks. We struggled to beat one and lost to the other one. I’ve said all along I’m not crazy about the AAC for lots of reasons but quality of competition is one of them. You can use the stats all you want to spin your opInion but when you compare our D to Alabamas D after they have at least played a ranked Florida State team and a bottom rung P5 team in Colorado State and won both games you can’t use stats to compare the two teams. That’s why we rarely break into the top 10 even when we are undefeated because folks outside our Coog family agree, we don’t play anybody (as a rule).
Again, my standards may be higher than yours. I can live with that. What I can’t live with is a life relegated to a P6 world. We have to break out of that mind set or stop complaining and embrace the UTSA’s, Texas State, Georgia States of the world. If your standards allow that, please enjoy!

What was Arizona ranked preseason? What was Texas Tech ranked? Who plays in one of the toughest if not the toughest conferences in college football? Let’s make it easier for you, who doesn’t play in a tough conference, who hasn’t played a preseason ranked team? I know you are thinking UTSA but no, it’s us. Enjoy those stats. May they provide extreme comfort for you while our team struggles.

OK He says preseason AP rankings are more important than rankings actually having played games. He is definitely a troll.

3 Likes