Don’t Hold Your Breath On Realignment To Save Your Team

This is where I want to end up. It is our BEST option, especially if we continue to be an annual NCAA basketball participant. And with the ACC affiliation, we can elevate our football to a playoff quality program. Houston area kids that accept scholarships to out of state bottom feeder P5 programs in small towns can now dominate IN Houston!

3 Likes

I think we will end up in the pac12,Acc or big10 once the next round of expansion happens. The pac12 makes most sense,followed by the Acc.

3 Likes

I would love being a PAC12 team. Traveling to Oregon, Utah, Cali, Washington and Az sounds amazing.

We can win that conference in b-ball too.

2 Likes

…and they would not feel threatened by our recruiting efforts.

5 Likes

I am very OK with B12. Maybe not popular, but I like the idea of beating the crap out of Bevo every year. More natural rivalries and a lot more participation in road trips to OU, TCU, UK, tu, etc. That would be fun. Don’t think many of us can line up trips if you have to fly every time.
IMO…

But, I’d say yes in a heart beat to the first invite we get.

Go Coogs

2 Likes

I would take the first invite too, even if it is the B12. The regional rivalries would make sense and there is history, be it good or bad. The Pac12 feels more comfortable, but the distances would be challenging; However we’ve been doing it ever since we left the SWC so I’m kind of used to it.

1 Like

The Little-12 “ain’t never gonna” invite us - unless UT leaves them first! I’m still hoping for an invitation from the SEC, along with OU; if they would do that, they would shut all the other P-5’s out of the East Texas market for good. And, we would have our rivalries and short road trips too. It makes too much sense to ever happen!

But - yes, we would certainly accept any invitation from any of the P-5s!

2 Likes

Don’t hold your breath waiting on the SEC. SEC schools are mostly in rural areas with deep southern trenches.

I’m sorry but we are not a fit for the SEC and I doubt very seriously if they invite us. They added TAM to carry Texas.

1 Like

Would also kill Big12 North recruiting…TT, TCU, Kansas, Kstate, OSU.

1 Like

So why isn’t Larry Scott on the phone with Pezman and Khator hammering out the details on an invite?

2 Likes

Aldineblue doesn’t know that they are. You don’t know that they aren’t.

Get over yourself. Nobody knows anything–including you.

3 Likes

I don’t know that they aren’t. But it’s a safe bet.

Lol. It’s a safe bet that they are not.

We would have legitimate shots at winning conference in b-ball and track/field year one.

We should know by end of 2022 right?

1 Like

Correct!

UCLA has a rich track & field history. Tom Tellez coached many of their successful athletes prior to building our program There is mutual respect and history.

Oregon is no joke either.

1 Like

Because their GOR doesnt expire for FOUR years, thats why!!!
Thats a good educated guess from Coog2010 with 2022…Have to think by 2022 or early 2023, we should be hearing what PAC 12 intentions are…

3 Likes

True, Cat…Not only that, but adding us gets their conference into Texas and its great recruiting base…

2 Likes

How would their grant of rights prevent them from inviting new members? You realize that a GoR that a conference has in place is to prevent its current members from jumping ship.

The sec invited their last two members before they were able to restructure their contract.