Empire cleaned house minus HC

2020 OOC is South Florida, at LSU and UTEP. Man I wish USF had held on to Strong one more year, that game would have been a lose/lose for Herman. There was no upside of him winning that game by less than 50, and a loss might have led to a pinkslip on the tarmac. Still may be a lose-lose for him. Who are the rumors for the USF job?

1 Like

There is little doubt that Herman returns strictly due to his buyout and the fact that signing date is on top of him.

He made all of those hiring choices. The terminations say that he makes bad choices.

Death knell. He has a road game @LSU(L) and the normal number of Big 12 losses.

1 Like

I still like Orlando as a DC; however, I never could determine if he could recruit.

1 Like

While I don’t have any specific instances that I know of. Orlando’s reputation is that he is not a good recruiter at all and kind of hates the process.

Applewhite? With a patchwork offensive line UH went from #60 to #10 in scoring offense his 1st year as OC; the Cougars were #26 his second year coordinating the offense. UT would be fine and dandy with such numbers.

3 Likes

That’s going to be a problem. Harrell’s an RPO guy; Herman isn’t. And I’m not sure Ehlinger is the best QB for a Harrell/Leach type offense.

3 Likes

I would have us at #10 with Greg Ward.:grin:

1 Like

And Riley would have OU at #1 with Murray. Having a good QB definitely makes coaches better. Still, that ‘15 offense had one good offensive lineman, a talented and okay receiver, and not much at RB. Finishing 10th in scoring was impressive.

3 Likes

So, if that was a “patchwork” offensive line, how would you describe this year’s ?

1 Like

image https://media1.tenor.com/images/912a116b488ddabbd221fc40f4ff499b/tenor.gif?itemid=7280113

6 Likes

Lol
that is hilarious!!!

1 Like

I’m surprised UT is willing to have essentially a throwaway year. Both coordinators are gone, what exactly are these new coordinators supposed to do for one year with a HC on the hot seat? It just seems silly. Either roll with CTH or don’t.

5 Likes

decimated

1 Like

I also like Orlando as a DC – just for some other team, not UH. I think we have a good DC on hand and his D will shine next year when we have a full team.

8 Likes

Not sold on Cauthen’s philosophy, however, it is hard to judge this year with all the injuries and transfers sitting out.

Will see his true philosophy l’m guessing next year.

I liked TO’s aggressive style. It served us well in games that were self motivating and/or Herman leaving rumors were not rampant.

1 Like

Guessing that it will be expensive to get new OC and DC to sign on to the Titanic for next year.

Not that $$$$ have ever been an issue at ut !

3 Likes

The uta garbage disposal might be negotiating a buy out before he is no longer employed at the dump. Remember that all of a sudden there are quite a few proven Head Coaches on the market.
USC’s potential job opening might have something to do with it.

Kendal Briles opted for this exact situation when he went to FSU. Of course, that situation proves your point, but also shows there are coaches stupid enough to do it.

2 Likes

9 Likes