Excited to finally see Bryson at QB

I bet you see all 4 QB’s play only 4 games each this season.

3 Likes

I took a buddy of mine from LSU to the game. And one of the storylines I told him about prior to kick off was Bryson Smith. I was looking forward to it and excited about it. But lo’ twas not to be .

Hahaha

Bryson has that ‘it’ factor that winners do. I like him at quarterback.

1 Like

No evidence !

1 Like

From the press conference today it sounds like he’ll get some snaps at QB against Ugone

When I listened to the press conference, it sounds like the only snaps Bryson will be getting at QB are for wildcat purposes and for very specific plays. CDH clearly said he won’t be putting Bryson back there for purposes of communicating calls and making reads.

1 Like

I thought it sounded like he’ll let him throw some, but nothing that will take a long time to develop. I hate the wildcat so hopefully we don’t get a huge helping of that.

Baylor’s 2015 bowl game against UNC notwithstanding, for the wildcat to be very effective, you have to have a guy taking direct snaps that can actually throw the ball. If Bryson lines up back there and everyone and their dog knows he’s going to run, it won’t be effective long, if at all.

2 Likes

Why would CDH want to disclose how he plans to use any QB? He never even disclosed that Clayton was still gimpy from the hammy. Given his previous QB experience, why wouldn’t CDH keep developing Smith if he demonstrates passing and running skills. I heard CDH say communicatons was key, and therefore Baby Holgo had the nod – at least for now. Ward was denied until he showed what he could do. Why not use Clayton’s temporary injury to see what Bryson can do?

2 Likes

There’s no evidence Bryson is better than Tune. Tune’s only healthy start this year he completed 80% of his passes, rushed for 100 yards, and we won convincingly.

4 Likes

I wasn’t suggesting that Bryson replace Clayton. I was only suggesting that so long as Clayton is injured, our only other alternative is young Holgo I appreciate he knows his father’s system and is qualified to immediately step in for an injured Tune. But given the Tune injury, why not try to bring Smith along? Check out his high school videos. He wasn’t just an adequate QB, he was outstanding. And I certainly appreciate it’s a bit late to try to bring someone new up to speed, but he sure does appear to have some bona fide qualifications.

4 Likes

Who’s the reporter that keeps asking about Chambers? Coach has had enough of that.

Maybe he should rephrase. You’ve already decimated the team with redshirts, why aren’t the best available players at each position playing? I haven’t heard the press conference yet, but if Tune is even banged up he should heal up for SMU. That leaves us with Bryson and Logan. I don’t care if junior was born with the playbook in his hand the idea that Logan is a better option than Bryson is a joke on every level. Is this middle school pop warner? Coach kid Johnny gets the starting nod nothing to see here folks.

I recall people imploring Levine to play G Ward at QB a while back. The rest is history. Bryson is cut from the same cloth and should be the future heralded QB at UH

3 Likes

Probably too late this season but Bryson getting #2 snaps in the spring and fall would have given us the best chance to win

1 Like

At the time, O’Korn had regressed without Meachum. Our O Line was bad and O’Korn was not quick enough.

Thus Ward was inserted and almost pulled off a win in only a half of action.

He did very well and made Apple Boy almost look like an OC. Almost !!

4 Likes

DO NOT INSULT OUR PLAYERS. - ED

2 Likes

Oh…ok. Well, in that sense I understand.

In regards to Ward. Remember the fumble at the goal line? If he makes that we might not have gotten Herman.

3 Likes

He does not stink at all. Yes he threw an INT, but so has everyone. He played like a true freshman thrust into an emergency situation – much like Tune last year. Nobody should expect a Tua Tagovailoa out there. Maybe you should rethink how you describe players.

5 Likes

He’s not ready, Mike; plain and simple.

1 Like