Excited to finally see Bryson at QB

CDH said Logan knows the calls, but just made a freshman mistake. Given that, If Tune can’t go, we’ll still see Logan split snaps with Bryson because he doesn’t want to set either up to fail. Some people don’t like the idea of protecting the young QBs, but neither are going to play lights out so I’m all for at least keeping them healthy the rest of the season.

2 Likes

Well, they put in a call to Joe Montana, but he wasn’t available.

1 Like

So no redshirt for Logan this year?

We could still see it. Ike’s status is still up in the air.

To me Tune looks eons ahead of last year in both athleticism and size. He also looks much more comfortable in command. I don’t blame him for Cincy. He was not comfortable on that strain and it was obvious. I still think we’re gonna see great things from him.

I also think he’s having flashbacks about 11 Army guys running through his O-line like it was Black Friday.

3 Likes

That’ll be stupid if he doesn’t redshirt. But the way the football program has been going this year, who knows.

Agreed I’m glad last year didn’t kill Tune’s confidence. Logan can get there in a few years too. That being said trying out Bryson at real QB is our best “lightning in a bottle get us some underdog wins” chance this season IMO. Maybe he’ll go out there and fail miserably, but why not give him a real chance?

1 Like

I think he should. If Bryson does well then that makes the QB competition even better in the Spring. Imagine, King, Tune, Bryson, and Hornsby(if signed), competing to start. That is the type of competition that’s needed to get this offense back to being a real threat.

2 Likes

Dont forget Massoud. He’ll be here in January

2 Likes

Yup. We can’t keep them all, and won’t play them all, but the BEST will play!

1 Like

I don’t know who the best QB is, but of course there evidence that Smith is better than Tune and there is evidence that Tune is better than Smith. Hopefully CDH is putting the best out there, but coaches make mistakes too and criticism is when we are not winning is deserved.

That being said, I would really like to see more of Smith especially since it seems like Tune is still not 100%.

2 Likes

Folks, do NOT insult our own players. This has been a hard rule here since 1999. You can talk about their play, but you cannot under any circumstances call a player a name or judge them with an insult.

9 Likes

To be honest I think we’ll be competitive with either but not quite predictably dominant with either. Considering this is a development season I’d like to alternate both. Not each series, but each quarter. Just to give them both plenty of minutes. You don’t want either green if the other goes down. Then we’re hurting. Or maybe one the first half, and hand over to the other the second.

We know Bryson will be playing somewhere regardless.

2 Likes