Expectations for next year

Next year we get to the true UCF under Hueple. It will be his team.

SMU loses a lot of seniors.

I think next year depends on what kind of defense Cauthen can produce. We supposedly have all kinds of quality players waiting in the wings in defense.

I didn’t like what I saw yesterday.

1 Like

Herman is doing what CH needs to do. At least three assistants, including Orlando, are gone.

After reading so many negative comments and/or opinions, I don’t know whether to slit my wrists or cut my throat . . . . .

Lolololol…Herman signaling the beginning of the end.

I’d wait on it. Let the nay-sayers lead the way!

The spirit of Eeyore is alive and well here.

1 Like

Predict 6-6, hate to say it, but that’s what I came up with.

I expect 8-4.

Sure Win - 09/05 - Rice
Probable Loss - 09/12 - at Washington State
Probable Win - 09/26 - North Texas
Probable Loss - 10/17 - at BYU
Probable Win - TBD - Tulane
Sure Win - TBD - Tulsa
Probable Loss - TBD - Central Florida
Sure Win - TBD - South Florida
Probable Loss - TBD - at Cincinnati
Sure Loss - TBD - at Memphis
Probable Win - TBD - at Navy
Probable Loss - TBD - at SMU

if next year’s success depends on one player returning…then we do not have a team.

7 Likes

dont agree with most of what you posted…are you of the assumption that king is gone …and on top of that we dont get another QB Transfer …and then we somehow get worse because the conference will be worse next year

with king (or a touted transfr)

• we looked better than Wazzu this year but had a late collapse at that was on the 3rd game of coaching transition
  • byu isnt very good
  • cincy and memphis are expect to lose thier coaches this offseason
  • smu is losing a ton of players
2 Likes

If Dana has this year’s results in Season 3, I agree he should do what Herman is being forced to do.

I will love it if I am wrong.

I wouldn’t wait until Season 3.

1 Like

I think we’ll be surprised. Navy was 3-10 last year; this year they may finish 11-2. We played eveyone except maybe OU close before King sat and the injuries started piling up. Even so we were still competitive against most everyone but Memphis in the 2nd half. And despite the Navy game, we’re going to be talented and deep on defense. Probably how well we do will be determined by the QB and OL situation. I do think either King or Tune, who has all the tools despite the INTs against Navy, can win a lot of games for us. And we’re going probably going to get a couple of our senior OL back, so that will help a ton, plus guys like Pancotti, Freeman, Bardwell, Murphy, and Banes should be solid. But we must find a LT either through the transfer portal or juco ranks.

4 Likes

For incoming frosh. That’s the long term plan for development of players.
#GoCoogs!

2 Likes

Talented and deep on defense? We have some transfers sitting out that should help in the secondary but I see no one ready to step into the lineup that can shore up the interior defensive line. It all starts up front, right? The Alabama transfer is listed as a LB/DE. If we’re relying on the guys returning then it doesn’t look very promising, especially seeing as how we lose Fleming. I’m hoping Dana can nab a few transfers that can play immediately.

1 Like

I think we will know how good the team is next year by how they do in non conference. I expect them to be 3-1. But if they slip to 2-2, I can see the fan base pitchforks coming back out after a two year hiatus.

1 Like

This is probably a good goal but its possible 7-5 is the realistic prediction.

Non-Conf
Rice - win
at Washington State - tough
at BYU - Also tough
NTexas - win

Nobody should be surprised if UH goes 2-2 in non-conf…3-1 would be nice…4-0 would be awesome.

Conf road games
at Cincy
at Navy
at Memphis
at SMU

2-2 would be nice…3-1 really good and 4-0 doubtful.

Conf home games

Tulane - win (yes, we will win this time)
Tulsa - win
USF - win
UCF - Tough game

3-1 should be the minimum expectation…4-0 would be awesome.

So…summing up…

2-2 Non-Conf probably
2-2 Conf Away hopefully
3-1 Conf Home probably

7-5 Probably…8-4 cool…9-3 hopefully. Anything better than 7-5 is outperforming and I’m happy.

1 Like

My expectations are high. He Red Shirted 35 guys (according to Andre), had some key injuries, a bunch of transfers having to sit. We only graduated like 10-11 players.

Start out with no injuries, more depth, a year to practice. 8+

3 Likes

I know that I have predicted 14-0 every year since we had a CCG. Well, understanding the current state of the rebuild, I have to be more realistic. I predict 13-1, the AAC championship, and a win in an NY6 bowl. But, I may be being too pessimistic.

11 Likes

I look for improvement on offense and major improvement on defense. Although there is no OU on our schedule, we still have some tough roadies. I think the kids back will be the ones who bought into Holgersen’s game plan and will bring us back to respectability. I expect 7-5 or better with a decent bowl game…if there is such a thing in the AAC…

1 Like