Eyes on No. 10

Although he didn’t have a grand coming out party like Ed, #10 is already facing triple teams. He’s been described to me as not as twitchy as Ed but stronger who uses leverage better than some pros.

Another 3 year DTackle we beat out LSU and the Aggies for

17 Likes

Nwankwo did very well these last 2 games.

6 Likes

I was thinking vs BYU that he was playing with a lot of strength.

We still lost!

2 Likes

In the previous 4 games BYU averaged 214 yards rushing per game.

Against UH they had 78

12 Likes

That’s what was encouraging. We looked good running the ball too. Our lines are doing well.

3 Likes

Lost what?

The game against BYU 43-26

Noticed the DL starters against BYU were Turner, Hall, Dot, and Aniheh. All of these guys are good.

2 Likes

Oh. I thought this thread was about Nwankwo.

3 Likes

While they were the starters, I think the big difference this year is that we basically have about 8 guys that can play. Fresh D Lineman is a YUGE plus !!!

6 Likes

I wonder if any of our senior lineman want to return for one more year with the new one year rule in place!

1 Like

I mean… You asked 🤷 :joy::joy::joy:

You’re right. We still won though so…

They are the best front 7 BYU has played. I have predicted 41-10 for Houston today, but the defensive linemen are good enough I could definitely see a shut out. Combine our DLine with Navy’s lack of throwing, and it should be a good day.

2 Likes

Navy will throw more against us because we over pursue and we’ve have bitten on fakes in the past. If our D can play disciplined though, we should be OK.

Navy threw fine in their comeback win vs Tulare

Yes, but Houston is better than Tulane.

1 Like
2 Likes

Nwankwo already off to a good start

2 Likes