Fertitta Center Season Ticket Selections

Correct, I’m old, guess math is failing me !!

Anyways, an even better deal.

1 Like

Right. I don’t understand why Cougarpad is so hung up on this. Based on how US businesses price items the opposite would appear to be true for US consumers if anything.

Cougarpad, if we dropped overall prices by 50% and only increase ticket sales by 10% then that’s a bad deal for the athletic department. The department needed the money for the project. We have to pay money to Coach Sampson, the staff, for equipment, etc. It’s pretty clear you aren’t going to write a check for the shortfall. You can get solid seats for $175. For the vast majority of people that would go to UH games, price really shouldn’t be a complaint for someone choosing not to buy season tickets (and I’m not an attendance shamer, people can do what they want with their time and money) and getting mad that part of the total price is a “facility commitment” or “CP donation” rather than directly part of the ticket price is borderline non-sensical. At the Hof the cheapest tickets on a per game basis were like $5-$10 and attendance was still lousy.

Also, you compare it to football, but with football we ran the same process with something like 15k season ticket holders (it’s been a while so that number may be a few k low) the year before moving into a stadium that seats 40k. The ratio is worse for hoops, but the raw number shortfall is obviously quite a bit lower.

I get that you are on here venting (and am sympathetic to your issue with the deposit given numerous logistics issues I’ve had over the years with the athletic department, though Zach and Eric were great through this process), but the price we are going to pay to see a team of this caliber in a brand new arena is a bargain compared to what it would cost at most schools. I also think it’s fair to evaluate whether the school made the right decisions with some things (i.e. demand for barcaloungers at the price point that was set was obviously miscalculated), but being mad about part of the price being styled as a donation/commitment rather than part of the actual ticket price just seems kind of odd. EDIT: And if anything, it can only the help the purchaser because the “CP donation” part of the ticket price counts towards CP giving levels which have benefits associated with them.

1 Like

I wasn’t even posting on the subject anymore until someone responded to a past post of mine. If someone comments in response to something of mine I like to respond. I bought tickets for next year already. I was simply reiterating my point to the person who responded to me on this thread. I will say there is a psychological effect to pricing that needs to be remembered by UH in the process.