First-half grades for first-year coaches

F is a fair midseason grade. But doesn’t mean he can’t be an A for second half or next season.

No one should act like this season has gone well or that CDH has excelled at his job thus far.

1 Like

Even I don’t think Holgorsen deserves an “F.” He deserves a “D.”

But to the point USA Today is making, this shows how UH appears to the college football world. The AAC message board is the same. People aren’t impressed with us and consider how this year has gone on and off the field to be an indictment against Holgorsen and the direction of our program.

Sorry it doesn’t fit your all’s narrative that Holgorsen is a stable genius with some great master plan.

1 Like

I give him a D.

1 Like

It hasn’t and he hasn’t. Make all the excuses in the world; the product has been underwhelming overall. A few bright spots to be fair, but I’m not excited about this team right now.

1 Like

What are they not impressed with? Our redshirt strategy or our play on the field?

Both.

They think we tanked it when the decision was made to redshirt King, there was a lot of hype about King leading this offense but the simple truth is that he wasn’t grasping well and it snowed in his performance. I don’t think our record would be much better if any if King was the QB.

1 Like

I’m sure if we come back a much improved team next year our fellow AAC fans will be heaping praise upon us.

2 Likes

This is the hope. I do see better prospects for next season with all of the defensive transfers and offensive returnees. However, Holgorsen better do a kick butt job at developing our players and recruiting guys that can contribute in 2 years.

Naturally, we will be better next year. Softer schedule, Upperclassmen, year two of the offensive and defensive system… I think we will be bowl eligible.

Equally, CDH hasn’t showed he deserves the 5 million a pop, I would grade a D- and that’s being generous. Hopefully, he surprises us and we go on a run the second half of the season.

You were expecting a D+ … maybe … OR … a grade on the curve

King pretty much torpedoed our season and IF he comes back then Audrey Tautau will finally invite me for dinner

For those believing he will return … THERE IS A BRIDGE in Brooklyn for sale BTW … plenty of new yorkers willing to sell …

I thought it would take another year for Holgerson to rebuild but with all the negative things going on it will probably NOW take two … once all of Applesauce recruits and King are GWTW

Holgorsen asked King and Corbin if they wanted to “torpedo” the season, they accepted.

Man, I don’t want to click on that link. Is that Dan Wolken writing that? He hates us with a passion and I’m still not sure why.

If King was going to transfer wouldn’t he be better off doing it as early as possible? Why hang around? This is what makes me think he is staying.

1 Like

Our record and the way the team has play on the field this year has been abysmal. But “tanking” for next year has us with “hope” but we can’t give it a higher grade than a D until we know how next year plays out.

He has to graduate to transfer anywhere. Otherwise he has no eligibility left for anybody

1 Like

Go back and look at the grades they gave Dabo Swinney when he was hired.

2 Likes

Holgorsen has only had two seasons as coach where he won more than 8 games and that’s including conf. Championships and bowl games included. Let that sink in for a bit :alien::coffee:

We’re 2-4 and that’s an indictment of Holgorsen? I keep asking this question: who, of the available alternatives, would have us with a better record? I mean, if Holgorsen is indictable.

And people are still using the term “tanking” to push a narrative. Its so stupid and doesn’t fit the circumstances.
I’ve got news for everyone. We weren’t winning with King. And we’re not tanking without him.

3 Likes