Gameday Thread: Houston vs St. Louis - Sunday @ 2pm on ESPNU (W 68-64)

Down 3 points and the player travels to try to change it from a 2 point shot to a 3 point shot and the only thing that kept him from shooting 3 free throws was the replay. Didn’t matter?

3 Likes

the announcers said the the air conditioning was one and that might have been causing moisture…it wasnt just galen alot of players were slipping

1 Like

You dont think that play mattered with how close the score was?? Come on man. Crucial change of possession. We could have been more comfortable had that call gone our way and finished out the game with a minute left.

Ok put it this way, if the score was reversed, and they called that travel on Houston, you guys would be going crazy, and justifiably so. Not even a middle school is going to call a travel on that play. I’m sorry. Just not going to happen

1 Like

Makes sense. Even on one of Galen’s short shots his right foot slipped when he tried to jump step. I know several players slipped but Galen is in his 4th season and I think he hit the ground more this game than any game I can remember so it was more noticeable.

I never thought SLU fans would be more entitled then LSU fans. They literally expected every call to go their way. You should never expect to get all the calls on a opponents court. I did not hear or see nearly as much complaining by LSU or Oregon fans. UH had some bad calls go against us in the game as well.

Want an example?

How about that shooting foul at the end? Even the TV announcers thought that it wasn’t a foul.

Without it, possession reverts to UH, and the game isn’t such a nail biter.

3 Likes

Cougar pad, not every call, just the obvious ones. Ryon, you’re right, that wasn’t a foul and shouldn’t have been called.

1 Like

Coach said post game that Hinton didn’t look into the game when he was out there and Alley wasn’t playing hard enough and that’s why neither were on the court much the second half.

3 Likes

There were some obvious foul calls that you all did not get called for as well. One of your players gave a stiff arm to our power forward on a rebound that would have made many RBs proud and yet we got called for the foul.

1 Like

Galen isn’t/wasn’t in doghouse. Kelvin said Nate wasn’t ready to play today so he sat. You know what else, Nate didn’t pout and was up and cheering on the sidelines

1 Like

Yeah. That’s a good one to point out. I remember I was focused right on that at the time. The post guys arms were straight out and White lifted his arm out of the way and got called with a foul. Never in my life have I seen a call go that way.

1 Like

Dude looked like Earl Campbell with full extension of the arm on that stiff arm.

My buddy said he looked like a big guy that didn’t know what to do with the ball when he got it. He definitely had some of the biggest arms I’ve ever seen on a tall college basketball player.

Lol, guys, I really don’t want to go over every call of the game with you. It was a physical game and some calls were missed. I thought some called on SLU we’re blatant. You guys have a great team and might’ve won anyway, as I said. I am a UCF fan because my dad went there, but in all the rest of your schedule, I’ll be rooting for you guys. I’m sorry if I came across as a agressive. I just really enjoy talking (and arguing) about sports. No disrespect meant. All the best.

11 Likes

our guard got a technical foul a few seconds later for lite trash talk, for saying the slu player couldnt guard him…which was bs

the point that you got up late, our big was fouled to the ground and he tried to pass it in and that lead to an easy point for you but wasnt called…

and honestly, the refs gave yall the game at the free throw line, but your guard didnt get him feet behind the line, he was called on the lighest foul that was a couple inches from sending the game into OT…

and if you really think about it the shot clock situation benefited SLU, it iced a big for 5 mins on crucial free throws…if he had missed those, you wouldn’t have had an issue with the clock situation

lots of bad calls in the game

1 Like

resolved…

Officiating was fine.
Zebras are calling everything because the brass at NCAA wants it that way (according to the announcers).

When you go 10-0 expect the naysayers to say that the officials had our back.

We are in new territory.

Today was a fine day for UH.

1 Like

So on the positive side, it was nice to see Corey break out of the funk. It had been 3 weeks since he had a +.400 performance from 3 point range. Hopefully his free throw shooting will rub off on Armoni before post season.

4 Likes

If the NCAA wants games to be called like that then they are ruining the product. I guess they want to compete with the NFL for who can ruin their product marketing by poor officiating.

1 Like