Gameday Thread: Houston vs. Wichita State - 7pm at Fertitta Center or on CBS Sports Network (W 79-70)

Yessir I’ll take it

3 Likes

16-1 does look beautiful.

5 Likes

7 Likes

ill take the w but this game is an L on the road

we cant keep relying on late game comebacks

9 Likes

Coogs just wanted to make things interesting for the sell out crowd just like the LSU game. Is there a game we have played in the FC that we didn’t play our best in the last 10 minutes?

1 Like

I agree… And we must shoot free throws better…

The refs have way too much influence on a game. Something has to be done about this or the sport will become unwatchable.

3 Likes

We need those uniforms again.

2 Likes

We’re not a perfect team, but we are at home.

1 Like

Might not even drop much in the rankings this week. If our next loss comes in the next 2 weeks though we gone.

1 Like

Anyone else notice that Gresham sat almost the entire game after his offensive foul from leaving his pick too early? He played the final 6 minutes because Brady fouled out and White had 4 fouls. When you upset coach, you aren’t playing.

4 Likes

I’m out of state but was switching between football (Cowgirls losing-yea) and Coogs. Watching with 2 AAC friends who are very impressed with FC and with the crowd. Friends are very familiar with KS and respectful. Were also impressed with DH hire. Wondering if something is “up”!

2 Likes

Pretty or ugly, a win is a win.

It is exciting to have the longest winning streak.

What is the earliest a UH basketball team has achieved 20 wins?

5 Likes

i dont think it was about upseting coach…the big for wsu was pushing him around with ease…he was walking him down…there was a huge disparity in strength and size

it was obvious grehsman had to be on the bench on this game as he couldnt guard the size of the center or the shooting ability of the power forward mcduffie …

That’s an easy one. 67-68. We started 31-0.

1 Like

The whole bench got way smaller in the 2nd half amongst the guards. Did Hinton even play in the second half? The young guards had too many dumb fouls (WSU was baiting them) and turnovers in the first half and CKS trusted the seniors+Armoni although they were cold offensively in the first half and it worked out.

Marshall of course is a great coach but I lost some respect for Wichita tonight. Lot of flopping and flailing playing to the refs. Play the game guys.

1 Like

Nah. He came out right after the offensive foul and even Harris came in for some minutes. Gresham is much tougher inside than Harris.

1 Like

Harris and Fabian both stepped up big defensively at times. Harris is an offensive and free throw liability but it’s hard to take him out when he’s playing D like that. Harris and Gresham are expert shot blockers if they have room to get vertical. Both have great timing.

1 Like

Hinton had two turnovers and two fouls in just 6 minutes. Coach would probably say Hinton didn’t have his head in the game and wasn’t going back in.

1 Like

Hinton did play in the second half until he had the turnover on the hit ahead pass attempt to the corner in front of the Coog bench.

1 Like