Games of Interest: 2/18/19-2/24/19

:joy::joy::rofl:

can we start Hockey thread and see we can get UH AD to start a Hockey team! We would be top school in the Southwest. :grin:

5 Likes

I think we are a long way from hockey Tom. The AAC has several sports we don’t play yet and mens or womens hockey is not one of them.

1 Like

I wasn’t being serious or Roebuck, so yes I agree with your take.

Speaking of northern sports, I think it’s interesting that the AAC has women’s lacrosse but not men’s lacrosse. Ok back to hoops.

Another national talking head lending support for UCF
I am surprised but, if they keep pushing how good UCF is, then it only can help the UH and Cincy brands:

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1098765279109283840

7 Likes

Nice find. I did wonder if 2-0 counted as better than 1-0 but didn’t occur to me that 1-1 is not assumed to be worse than 1-0. So even more reason to hope Cincy wins every game up until our finale. Then a win at Cincy would be a push for a 2 seed (in the NCAA tourney) and a loss at Cincy would not hurt our position as a 3 seed.

My first hockey assist
sweet!

I’m totally counting it just like that ‘goal’ I scored in an un-ref’d intermural soccer game even though I was totally off sides. No off sides call by an official
goal counts every time.

3 Likes

LOL
you’re making that statement about a team who is the only team, nationally, with one loss?! Seems like they know how to win games in my book.

2 Likes

11am #5 Tennessee vs. LSU is a very big game in our chances to move up today

5 Likes

By the way, every other ranked team have a 10pt plus loss, we lost by 4 pts
that should speak volumns no matter what conference you are in

4 Likes

I look at that game as a 2 point loss chalked up to Gaffney !

3 Likes

More likely a win, without the interference from Gaffney.

1 Like

LSU’s best player Tremont Waters is out. Can’t see them having much of a chance but who knows

and My question was answered further along in the thread. I’ll move along.

1 Like

GO LSU!!!

1 Like

Anyone else watching Temple and Tulsa. Thought the announcer said Temple’s 6th man Hamilton was from Houston but looked it up and not even from Texas. Did I hear it wrong or did he have the wrong guy?

1 Like

Temple with a nice win against Tulsa. They’re solidifying themselves on the right side of bubble right now.

8 Likes

and LSU takes down #5 UT!

6 Likes

Obviously LSU will take the win and it’s good for us, but these refs are out of control. The refs decided that game. It’s like they didn’t want to go to double OT so they made a call 85 feet from the basket in a mad scramble for the ball.

3 Likes