Games of Interest: 2/18/19-2/24/19

Yes but Florida is a jordan team so this is good for the jumpman conference. If we could just get sdsu to get their crud together

2 Likes

Thanks for that. Looking at the schedules and AAC media guide the Temple loss will be thrown out if it comes down to a 1 loss UH and UC.

UH played Temple twice going 1-1. UC only plays Temple onceā€¦and has gone 1-0. Thus, those games will not be the deciding factor as UC doesnā€™t have the opportunity to lose the second game since it doesnā€™t exist. See scenario iii below.

UH will have played ECU twice (won the 1st) at the end of the season and UC only played them once and is 0-1. If UH wins the next game vs ECU it will be 2-0. See scenario i below.

Two-Team Tie

1. Regular season head-to-head results (one or two games). If the tied teams split their two games, then proceed to Step 2.
  2. Each teamā€™s record vs. the team or tied teams occupying the highest position in the standings. Continue down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.
    When comparing records against a single team or collective tied teams (before ties are broken), the following may apply:
    a. If the games played against the team or group are equal, winning percentage
    prevails.
    b. If the games played against the team or group are unequal, the following
    scenarios apply:
    i. Most wins do prevail only if the team with fewer wins could not equal that
    win total if they played the same number of games. Two examples of many
    scenarios that do provide an advantage:
    1) Team A 2-0 2) Team A 3-0
    Team B 0-1 Team B 1-1

(Here UH would be Team A 2-0 vs ECU while UC, Team B is 0-1 vs ECU.)

ii. Most wins do not prevail if the team with fewer wins could equal or surpass
the win total of the other team. Two examples of many scenarios that do not provide an advantage:

1. Team A 1-1 2) Team A 2-0
    Team B 0-1 Team B 1-0

iii. Fewer losses do not prevail if the teams have the same number of wins and if
the team with fewer games could equal or surpass the loss total of the other
team. Two examples of many scenarios that do not provide an advantage:
1) Team A 1-0 2) Team A 0-1
Team B 1-1 Team B 0-2

(Here UC is Team A going 1-0 vs Temple and UH Team B going 1-1)

c. If an advantage is not determined, proceed to the next team or group in the standings for comparison.
d. If the tie cannot be broken after continuing down through the last team or teams in the standings, revert back to comparing records against the top teams in order and allow winning percentage to prevail even if there is a comparison of unequal games. Only then, if the percentages are both 1.000, is 2-0 better than 1-0. However, the reverse is not true ā€“ no team gains advantage when all have a .000 winning percentage (0-1 is never better than 0-2).

So, if UH wins the next 4 games it earns a share of the AAC title (this is before the @UC game) and the 1 seed in the tournyā€¦based on winning tie breaker ā€œ2.iā€.

6 Likes

No problem. Thanks for bringing it frwd. This is same thing I read few weeks ago. The point being, it can get little complicated and not as simple as was being discussed.

1 Like

Just win baby. Just win.

2 Likes

So in a tie we our 1st seed based off our 2-0 record vs ECU?

1 Like

No, you would have to look at everything from top to bottom b4 looking at ECU comparison. Itā€™s best to just let it play out at least until entering last week. Btw last I checked UH is 1-0 n not 2-0 YET against ECUā€¦just saying, donā€™t want voodoo coming out.

Good catch.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/TheHRReview/status/1099003262064308224

3 Likes

Hmmmm, I originally caught the ball n brought the error to evry1 attention. Guess I will take a hockey assist. :roll_eyes::grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks, Tom. Didnā€™t mean to slight you.

1 Like

Just messing w you Patrick. You donā€™t know how hard it was to post and correct you. I knew what I had read previously was different from what you posted and had before but couldnā€™t look up at that moment to put out in detail. Thanks to coogcheese for doing the legwork. Iā€™ll still take the ā€œhockey assistā€ .

2 Likes

:joy: Nah, feel free to correct me. Iā€™m pretty open-minded and I know Iā€™m not right all the time. Got no problem admitting when Iā€™m wrong.

Thatā€™s why I like this board; helps me get on track when Iā€™m off like up above. I appreciate the discourse.

5 Likes

I have the over/under at 30% on how many on here( Northerners donā€™t count ) know true meaning of ā€œhockey assistā€ ! :hushed::joy:

1 Like

As is that makes a lot of sense.
It is the only comparison that can be used.

Glad Cinci won over UCF, I want Cinciā€™s best with wild sold out crowd.
Good training for the pressure of Final Four. If we can beat them twice,
we will be ready for most teams in the tournament. We need to learn
how to finish games, we did not against Temple and it cost us.

3 Likes

Pass Pass Goal

2 Likes

Born and raised in SC. Moved to Texas 30 + years ago. I know what a hockey assist is.

1 Like

you kind of right ( those 2 are both credited w assist) when it comes to Hockey of course but in true sense when you hear someone refer to term ā€œHockey assistā€ itā€™s usually used like in sport such as Basketball where the original passer (hockey assist)made a pass which led to another pass for the basket. But yes you understand the concept.

I thought it was when the puck bounced off of his teeth into the goal.:sunglasses:

1 Like

How about Gordie Howe Hat trick. Mark Howe was my favorite Aero

1 Like