Good lord, leave Bryson at qb

He said himself that he can’t f***ing coach this s***. When the coach is saying it, it must be true.

1 Like

I’m sure these players have heard way worse.

3 Likes

You’re right

1 Like

Well, based upon the way the Cougars played most of the game, even Knute Rockne with Bear Bryant, Vince Lombardi, and Bill Yeoman as his assistants couldn’t XXXXXX coach this XXXX.

Gee whiz, folks, we have a frustrated head coach who actually cares about how we play. The players aren’t little kids, so my guess is that they have heard bad language before. As far as this affecting the public image of the university, how would losing to UConn “embellish” it?

8 Likes

After seeing him play …

Smith is too tentative a runner … goes down with a hand tackle after only picking up two yards … and his passing is inaccurate … King he is NOT …

HolgoJr is no Brady but he is getting better …

Our DLs are too slow … cannot rush the huskies terrible QB … but for the grace of God we are STILL in this game … a miracle … especially after watching our NO SECONDARY defense … THANK GOODNESS their QB can’t pass the deep pass he has over thrown his open receivers more time than Kardashian has boyfriends …

6 Likes

I wish Duarte had to cover Tom Izzo. He would be scurrying into the department editor’s office in his Barbie pants asking to do home and garden articles.

3 Likes

This is ridiculously unhinged. Get a grip.

Isn’t he a true freshman? Give the kid a break, maybe he’ll turn out to be pretty good.

3 Likes

We have so many people in and out of the lineup it’s crazy, 2 OL out, qbs’s gimpy. Transfers in, redshirting others , playing musical chairs wit’s the 4 game rule. King could make the progressions and it showed, Tune wasn’t doing much better then irritates a hammy, Ogbogu is gimpy too. We crucify a walk on freshman who plays like one because he is tha Coach’s son. Bryson hasn’t been in the QB room since Dana has been here but yet many think he can come in and be the King of 2018. Our WR are learning to do more than just run, they are being required to run better routes, block down field and actually put forth effort on every play unlike last year . Our O line is patch work but young players are gaining valuable experience. We are thin at RB with Patrick banged up, We are trying to redshirt Mulbah. I’m really not sure what everyone expects with a completely new staff and many new players and many undeveloped players not to mention their 3rd each coach in 4 years.

12 Likes

HC outburst was a condemnation of some players while excusing himself from the mess he has created.

If he continues playing his son, he will tear the team apart. Smith was an excellent passer in high school, has more experience, and could definitely help running with the ball.

2 Likes

Condemnation of some players? How many passes do you think they should drop before coach says something? Maybe if you drop a pass while wide open you should get a time-out and go sit on the end of the bench for a quarter. Coach won’t say any bad words. The only thing I have heard CDH complain about is the lack of a redshirt program. Well, he’s building it on the fly. If you thought this was a 10 win team, you haven’t been paying attention the last couple of years.

You realize that we are playing with our 3rd and 4th string quarterbacks this year? How many teams do you know that can win playing QB’s who were never expected to see the field as QB’s this year? Last year at this time, our starting QB was trying to figure out whom to invite as his homecoming date in HS. You expect him to look like CK or even DK?

Tune is clearly the best QB of the ones not being redshirted. I would add that I think Tune looks better on many of his passes than King did.

Tear the team apart? This is a team in coaching transition. CDH has a plan, but due to the beginning of the season schedule and injuries, plans changed.

8 Likes

No he hasn’t.

1 Like

We’ll agree to disagree. I have a feeling there will be some significant defections once the season is over.

1 Like

H-Town and 2020 seem to have a lot in common.

1 Like

In West Virginia… hope he picked the girl with the most teeth.

1 Like

This year, yes. In years past, no. I was one of the first on this board after the 247 fiasco on the other board. I was Nebraskacoog on the old board.

I posted this in a different thread. Makes more sense to put it here:

Ok. I’ll be the contrarian here. I’m not seeing what you are seeing with Smith. Yes he’s a good athlete. I’ve only seen him throw 3 passes. I don’t think that’s enough to determine that Smith is the better QB. All he’s done is run wild cat. He has not run the Air Raid yet. The long pass he threw against Cincinnati felt like that was about as far as he could throw. All 3 passes were to extremely wide open receivers. Have you seen him throw into a window? Have you seen him go through progressions? What am I missing? Remember, this is not high school.

3 Likes

That’s the problem, we haven’t seen those things because we haven’t really seen Smith at QB. You said you’ve only seen three passes. Smith’s now thrown four on the year, and completed three of them. Two went for 50+.

Coming into UConn we’d only seen Logan throw three passes. One incompletion, one interception and a 5yd completion. What made Coach want to see more of that?

Why not give Smith a shot during live game action to see what he can do? UConn would have been the perfect opportunity for it. Worst case he flames out and you go back to Logan. Coach has already shown he doesn’t mind rotating QBs.

We’ve seen what Logan H. is capable of, and it’s not been impressive.

2 Likes

If he doesn’t know how to call the plays or make the reads there is no way to do that. Not sure how long that takes to pick up, but I am guessing more than 2 weeks to be effective.

I have seen every pass Smith has thrown in a game. Sorry I said 3 instead of 4. My point is still valid. Coach has seen a lot more of both players in practice. Maybe you’re there too and can enlighten me? From where I sit, we are looking at 3rd and 4th string players. Our 4th string guy was a 1st or 2nd string WR up until last week. Did he take any QB snaps during spring ball? Fall ball? Any other practices?

2 Likes