Good lord, leave Bryson at qb

When coach made his sideline comment, his son was QB, so he was
not partial. Plus, if you saw the Tennessee game, you saw the HC grab
the QB by the facemask as he is yelling at him. HC’s are intense. If Tune
is back on Thursday, you will see a better game.

3 Likes

I predict Tune will be playing Thursday. I feel like he was held out as a precaution to make sure he plays against SMU.

7 Likes

I think a big difference is what happens at practice. According to CDH they aren’t allowing Smith to throw the ball because they don’t plan to use him in that capacity. In Holgerson’s own words, he “didn’t know he could throw the ball that well” … that’s what was said at a presser.

1 Like

There could be a perception, rightly or otherwise that CDH, wants his son Logan be the four year starter at UH. That was part of the master plan in his decision to take this gig. The moves currently being made, redshirts and so forth are intended to make this happen. Bryson is deliberately being limited so as not eclipse Logan and those that do not toe the line ( read practice) do not see the field.

I’m not buying into any grand conspiracy just to get Logan to play.

6 Likes

Honest question: how do you know that? Did you learn that from CDH? From Bryson? From players?
BTW, I too would like to see Bryson get some or more snaps. But being in Dallas, I haven’t seem him practice. You have seen him get limited or no practice snaps during practice?

Neither am I … however, King takes RS, Tune goes down, and you’re left with coaches true freshman son. It’s boggled my mind that for 2 years we’ve not been able to take advantage of a receiver with passing skills and incorporate plays plays into the offense.

Bryson is good at running option plays.

Let him do that to mix up our Offense.

1 Like

I think Bryson is only doing the wildcat because it adds a wrinkle in an offense that is not too threatening at this point.

I think Bryson is only doing the wildcat because we don’t a bunch of guys who stand out at receiver or kick returner, and moving him out of that role makes those areas more depleted and underperforming.

I think Bryson is only doing the wildcat because he doesn’t know the offense that well, at least not well enough to run it every down, and the coach has no reason to say that publicly unless it were true because he could easily be called out on it.

I think Bryson is only doing the wildcat because the coaches watch Bryson and Logan in practice all week and have determined that their best chance to win is to have a QB who knows the offense, even if the QB lacks experience or confidence. These are the types of decisions they are paid to make.

I think any nefarious suggestion that involves a conspiracy to play Logan as much as possible is baseless, pointless and ridiculous.

I also think Acres’ conspiracy theory (that coach wants Logan to start for 4 years) is crazy because coach has recruited one of the top QBs in the country to play here next year. Nobody else is going to see the field if this kid plays as well as it looks like he will.

4 Likes

Is it warranted to be this hard on a 3rd string true freshman walk on thrust into the role? Bryson didn’t take reps in the spring and fall, he has to learn the system.

Maybe go a little easier on the true freshman. Hopefully Tune is back Thursday.

4 Likes

The long pass Bryson through was on target but he did look like he was heaving it from his guts. That’s two passes I’ve seen him throw downfield that looked like ne needed to wind up to get it down there.

That doesn’t mean he couldn’t be a great passing QB. But it might be an indication of why the staff has him playing elsewhere. I personally think Bryson is excellent in most things he does.

And I would root like Hell for him as QB…if the staff wants him there.

UH2020, when CDH has rebuilt this program, is winning the conference title, and going to NY6 bowls, will you admit he was a good hire after all? Or will you just act like you were for him all along? Or will you just continue to berate the guy and search for things to complain about.

3 Likes

How many years do you give him to win a conference championship? …a NY6 bowl? At $4M per year, how long is his leash to produce?

You have a replacement lined up for HC ? ? ? ? ? Your brother out of a job ? ? ? ? ?

1 Like

Dude…how long has he been here? Catch your breath maybe…a paper bag perhaps? Jeesh. Calm down.

4 Likes

He is here for four years at least. Nobody is getting fired. We all know that. So, I ask again; what are your expectations for those four years? It is a simple question.

To whom is that question directed to?

is UH2020 actually on track to graduate in 2020?

2 Likes

The board as a whole. Let’s have everyone put their chips on the table.

“Stir it up, little darling…stir it up” I loved that Bob Marley song…