Grimes is too passive

White scored 19 points mostly inside the zone.

i think someone already noted it…but washington played a zone that tries to defend the 3pt line, so they extend themselves really far and leave the middle open

we seem to have probelms with ones that gives you open 3, but packs it in around the middle and post

1 Like

I’m reviving this old thread because I just came across this YouTube Video that talks about Grimes being too passive and lacking confidence. It’s a really good breakdown of his time at Kansas, what went wrong and why it’s still happening at UH.

I like how no one has talked about Grimes. I feel like he’s going to have a great year under a system he’s used to with more leadership.

3 Likes

Good breakdown of Grime’s play.

The only thing I didn’t like was the video downplaying the quality of play in the AAC toward the end. It’s a quality league! And the example of inferior AAC defense that he showed was BYU ¯_(ツ)_/¯

5 Likes

UCONN said the AAC was inferior, too… But they never won a regular season conference title, as far as I remember, and now they’re crawling back to a league they might be able to win.

Hopefully, Grimes doesn’t disappear from games this year… Take the ball to the rim when you’re not shooting well big guy.

Grimes just needs to remember who he is. He is capable of completely taking over games and we’re going to need that kind of play from him to go deep in the tourney.

1 Like

Needs to learn how to “forget” the last bad play that he made… Looks like he gets into his head about bad plays and then loses confidence. For the record I’m a huge Grimes fan… I think he’s the real deal.

2 Likes

Last year, Grimes was a little bit injured and spent time trying to find his role on the team.

This year, hopefully he’ll stay healthy and I strongly suspect he knows his exact role.

1 Like