Herman loses to Tech in Austin

Way too much UT info on a Coog board. Nice work though

1 Like

Schadenfreude my friend.

all the pre-season swagger is gone, he thought he could walk in and compete for the national championship after sprinkling some pixie dust over all those 4/5-star athletes, he is devastated and in a position he’s never been in before and seems like he doesn’t know what to do to get out
“work harder” isn’t working

3 Likes

Problem with hiring a head coach with very little experience overall. To much bouncing around and not enough sustainability experience.

Same thing in the workforce; why guys that bounce around too much have trouble getting jobs.

2 Likes

Oh man, I forgot about this request from the Control Freak. Makes the Foreman Twitter situation even better
 (and by the way, I think this Twitter war is a perfect example of the culture problem they have there).

#1-0 has morphed into #We are trying really hard.

5 Likes

4 and 5 star recruits a bonified dude don’t make!

3 Likes

3 Likes

Below is a link to an in-depth analysis of the improvements/dropoffs from Strong to Herman. Here are a couple of snips from Defense:

“Longhorns’ per-play rush yardage allowed (rank) zoomed up from #56 to #4 in the country.”

“3rd down conversion defense (rank) up from #27 to #5 and 4th down conversions (defense rank) all the way up from #65 to #8.”

TL;DR: Defense really improved // Offense got slightly worse

My usual disclaimer applies: don’t click the link below if you are severely allergic to burnt orange

LINK

1 Like

And the wheels keep falling off.

Connor Williams they’re stud LT also just declared for the draft

Hmmm, the Herman “culture” is not taking off on the 40 acres. Wonder what the problem is?

Chris Warren to follow Charlie Strong to USF? His cover photo on his twitter page is Charlie Strong lol

I think that’s if Charlie stays at USF

I’m the guy that gets offended when folks criticize college kids out there playing for their schools but I gotta admit that I watched that winning Tech TD catch over and over and laughed at the UT defender falling on his azz every time. Makes me a bad person I think. But it did tickle me. :wink:

5 Likes

The problem = The Austin/UT arrogant and entitled culture mixed with too many rich alums all fighting to call the shots. UT is becoming a coaching grave yard?

2 Likes

No Greg Ward = mucho fairy dust needed

But hey, they did go from five wins to six wins by beating Kansas. You have to admit that’s a remarkable improvement :wink: oh, and they had a short lived lead against OU. That’s got to be worth a Top Ten preseason ranking now. Am I right?

9 Likes

These stats are why I want some program to give Orlando a HC gig.

8 Likes

I know they are happy they are not having to make chicken salad out of lesser chicken parts.

4 Likes

But Sam Ehlinger was supposedly the #4 dual threat QB in the nation. Maybe it’s that he’s too young as a true freshman. Or that he was way overrated due to his height/weight advantage over Bryon Smith (i.e., 6’0" 170 vs. 6’2" 230)? It took Greg Ward a bit of time to excel. The one QB I remember best excelling from the first game was Kevin Kolb who intimately knew the Briles system.

1 Like