Hermans house shirts

He mentioned something about that… can’t be done. That is actually a non-starter for the campaign due to some issues. The creator has been in constant contact with the Athletic Department to cross t’s and dot i’s

1 Like

Licensing issues. They could make a donation, but their logo can’t go on it. I think the university should get involved and make this their promo item. Add another 5k shirts after all that is done. Maybe they could get to around 15k-20k shirts. Half the stadium wearing them would be all over TV and make a great story.

2 Likes

There are some big time Coog supporter businesses around town that would probably chip in even without the recognition. I would start with Chastang Ford and Pena’s Donuts.

1 Like

Hit em up!

I have talked extensively with the man who started this campaign and $ 30,000 covers 10,000 people. Whole student section and then some. cover the whole stadium will take around $ 120,000. I am not doing the shirts but I am familiar enough with what is going on to say that the figure I just used would be just about right. The stadium holds what number exactly and are they going to sell standing room only tickets for the game which might make the figure a little more. Kudos to everyone for stepping up to make this happen.

2 Likes

Cross posted

I really think a few tables set up outside the gates before the Tulsa game could do well.

1. it is a large concentration of students and fans in one place
  2. a lot of those people will be beneficiaries of the shirt giveaway
  3. the “buy in” is low. $3 from everyone meets the goal. You don’t have to ask each individual for much.
  4. fans will be fired up and in a giving mood for the game.
    This of course should be run through a quasi official channel like the SGA so people feel confident in giving, and the Athletic adept should be made aware, and also campus security so no one gets robbed.
    Houston1234 has his hands full, and I live 3 hours away from Houston. Does anyone have any contacts with a student org that could help out with this, or any other thoughts on this plan?
1 Like

I put in $ 20 tonight

4 Likes

Made a CBS article

“Herman is so beloved in Houston that a Cougars fan created a GoFundMe account to raise money through T-shirts with Herman’s face that reads, “Come And Take Him.” So far, $20,000 of the $31,4000 goal has been raised.”

Let’s keep going people

1 Like

What’s the update?

$22,552 of $31.4k goal was raised so far. Go Coogs!

Desk Swag

I thought I read that there’s a potential issue with using CTH’s likeness. That’s only with shirts SOLD at retail outlets?

This has hit slow down recently. (22k) Anything, we can do?

If you donated, you probably got an email saying that the money was refunded this morning.

Looks like someone decided to end the fundraiser.

Edit: Message on the GoFundMe Page:

We greatly appreciate the support from everyone for this venture. From the very beginning we brought our design and vision to the University in an effort to ensure this would be something that benefitted all parties. There was lots of red tape to navigate and despite our best efforts over the past few weeks, no design using Herman’s likeness could be used. Also, the AD would prefer that attention be focused on the team as opposed to Herman. Individuals donated money, some a good deal, with the expectation that they were paying for a certain design. Thus, we do not feel comfortable using those funds for a different design than the one they originally donated for. Thus, the GoFundMe campaign has been ended and all funds have been refunded to everyone who donated. We’ve done everything we can on our side to make this work and we hope folks understand.

#GoCoogs

A great learning experience for the person(s) who started the effort. Also excellent material for an MBA admissions essay. :slight_smile:

AD says don’t focus on Herman? He gone. :rage:

That’s the rumor going around. That Texas has reach his agent and is just waiting for the season to run it’s course. Hopefully, it doesn’t come into fruition.

Well, if you got your refund, why not turn around and send it over to Cougar Pride?

1 Like

That’s what I did

1 Like