Holgorsen asks for patience after lopsided loss

Please people stop using this story to compare with current UH coaching situations. It was used for Applewhite too.

1. Completely different era. Different money for both coaches and school.
  2. That was year 4 at UH. In year 1, he improved the team’s record and went bowling, something much more difficult to do then. After that, he went 2-8, 2-6-1, and started the next season 1-4 when that incident happened. Will you be happy and calling for patience if CDH goes 5-18-1 over the next 2 seasons?

After that, Yeoman implemented the Veer midseason. If CDH has a revolutionary offense to unleash, I recommend he start now.

None of this is to say whether CDH will succeed or not. Its just a plea to stop using a comparison that is not valid

2 Likes

I think there are some posters that think we should change our motto from “In Time” to “Now, damn it!.”

9 Likes

Lol, good one

2 Likes

Well, you have a right to your opinion.

1 Like

Agree, Top…my hope right now is to win a game or 2 more, and work hard for an improved 2021.

So you’re on record as supporting CDH if we go 5-18 the next 2 years because… Yeoman

Never said that. But he ain’t going 5-18.

Get off the absurdity track.

3 Likes

Just asking to stop using a poor comparison. But I’ll go to the next step for your Yeoman comparison… after the effigy season, UH had winning seasons the next 3 years, but they were ineligible for bowl games those years due to recruiting violations. Maybe we should start paying recruits to help CDH, because Yeoman…

Geez

Yeoman had 9 straight winning seasons after 1965.

1975 was a loser.

Then he had a winning season 7 of the next 9 seasons. One season was .500.

1 Like

I’m going on record as supporting CDH as long as he is our head coach.

8 Likes

If recruiting was getting better I would be more optimistic about the future but even that seems to struggle.

1 Like

its not struggling

I was on board with the hire and will support him as long as it doesn’t seem hopeless. I just hate the “Yeoman was hated and struggled and went to the HOF. So current struggling caoch will succeed too.”

Newsflash! Most coaches that struggle end up failing. Very few coaches in all of football will get to Yeoman level, even good and successful ones. So don’t apply his story to any other coach

A good highly motivated young coach would turn this around. Starting to feel like he doesn’t want to put the effort in. Yes,he gets angry and is fiery. But what matter does it make when you are sub .500

They better blow USF out of the water

1 Like

Yeoman installed an offense that very few teams could stop. He also put some tough defenses on the field. This offensive scheme, well, it needs an infusion of creativity and solid play-calling to keep up with today’s game of football.

2 Likes

Or what ?

2 Likes

I will settle for a win.

2 Likes

Or it is just a regular win and we will all be happy??!

1 Like