Holgorsen asks for patience after lopsided loss

That’s a tall order for the 2020 Coogs.

2 Likes

You face adversity? You meet it straight on and you keep working.
What is bitching going to bring you? NOTHING!!!
Do you think great programs were built in one or two seasons? I reserve my thoughts on CDH until the end of the 2021 season. Why you may ask? He would have had a number of recruiting seasons. Then I can have a much better idea of where we are. Countless times we wrote and read how bad recruiting had been since Coach Levine. When was he here and could it have been even better then?
You don’t want to be patient? So be it. Fight on and keep working hard is the ONLY thing in our players and coaches control. Get that?

4 Likes

We need to win this Saturday to get some confidence back and set the tone for the rest of the season. Sometimes it takes a mid-season correction.

2 Likes

Holgerson needs to keep that Reece Mooney kid around that kid is going to be a stud already committed to come here for baseball and plus he is a quarterback with some really good offers for how young he is
https://247sports.com/player/reese-mooney-46100161/

3 Likes
1 Like

I agree with Dana.

Patience is key. We have turned over the Head Coaching position 5 times in the last 13 years.

That is crazy. Pick a guy and stay with him for his entire contract.

3 Likes

Just not a Dimel lol

I’m sure that is what we planned to do with Briles, Sumlin and Herman.
A young exciting coach is a great idea…for a year or two

1 Like

You left out Apple Boy…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Lol he didn’t quite get to go on his own terms

Denham Springs was my high school’s (Central HS) rival and were about 10 or so miles down the road. A few of us went over one night and tied CHS flag to the top of their flagpole and greased the pole. It was one of those, “Hold my beer and watch this” moments.

2 Likes

Coog prayer . . . . . “God, give me patience, NOW” . . . . .

1 Like

From years of casual observation of football, coaches, in most cases, do not walk into a situation and become superstars in their first, or even second year. There are exceptions, of course, and I venture that most move into “stable” situations. UH has not been a “stable” situation for years now. Just our station in the universe. Some is the fault of prior administrations. Some is the fault of the student body. Some is the fault of the fan base, especially the negative portion. We have been a “stepchild” for many years, and have fought our way to, at times, respectability . . . . . we are working to return to a situation that is better than respectability, but it will be a long, hard struggle. We will ALL have to get on the same side of the fence and work together. Nay sayers are not beneficial to the ultimate goal. Everyone except Stevie Wonder can see that we have many problems to overcome. Having a coach that is willing to stay around is a step in the right direction. Having an administration that supports the athletic department is another step in the right direction. Building excitement by winning is another step in the right direction, but in football, has been slow developing, while bb and track, and some of the other programs have been doing well. IMHO, negative attitudes and comments really add nothing to the conversation, except to bring down and/or eliminate any excitement that might be generated. Several months ago, I left Coogfans because of all the negativity. I’m approaching that point again. I’m sure some on here will appreciate my exit. Me, I’ll just continue to purchase my tickets and drive into H-town to view every bb and fb game I physically can.

10 Likes

Well said Ben…

2 Likes

Great post brother!

The general consensus on here is negative from gametime Saturday thru Monday morning. Tuesday thru Saturday morning are more optimistic and realistic. Rinse and repeat every week.

4 Likes

You may expect to win or lose…however GameDay you want to win! I think that is what you see, passionate fans how react to what is going on through the game…good or bad. I have seen worse from bigger fan bases in the state of Texas…just wander on their boards when it is gametime. You would be surprised with how fans react. By Tuesday,people get more calmer and the sting goes away a little.

3 Likes