Holy Crap! Nebraska IS going rogue!

It would be really funny if Nebraska decided to walk out for what it thought would be a year . . . and then the Big 10 said we don’t want you back.

Haha. Nebraska’s been a disappointment to the Big 10, I would think. It doesn’t add too many eyeballs, especially the longer it stays away from national prominence.

Nebraska better be careful or it might get what its wish.

Alternatively, if there isn’t a proven-to-be-effective vaccine for Covid-19, then who’s to say that the BIG even plays FB next year or the year after?

1 Like

I just found it amusing how anyone could hold up the Big 12 as an example of doing things right! And never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined any Big10 program fans casting envious eyes at the Big 12!

I wonder if pigs are flying and hell has frozen over.

1 Like

Nebraska lost its AAU affiliation. If they leave they no longer qualify for Big 10

2 Likes

Is anyone familiar enough with contract law that could say with some certainty whether this means all the TV contracts are now in breach of contract. Do the networks file suit for damages, are the contracts null and void? What happens now?

I’m sure that those contracts probably have a force majeure clause that would apply to something like a pandemic, and get the schools out of it.

…and Gas Station sushi is a good idea !!!:smiley:

1 Like

Thank you, if some of the conferences play could that not be used to strike down a force majeure clause and then hold some of these conferences in breach of contract? It is no longer out of their control, they chose not to play. I am obviously not an attorney so I have no idea.

If anyone is looking to the Big 12 for direction they are headed in the wrong direction.

3 Likes

I doubt it is. I can’t imagine Nebraska leaving the Big 10.

1 Like

I haven’t watched a Nebraska game since they left the B12. But the old Big 8 teams made the B12 fun to watch.

If Nebraska goes on their own and is the only playing in the big 10 then it will cause issues but if another team or 2 joins them then they will be okay

Nebraska out…UH to B10…hey a man can dream

3 Likes

I can.

They’ve become an academic pariah in the B1G since they were kicked out of the AAU.

How do you lose AAU status?

By failing to meet the AAU’s research benchmarks.

Nebraska had been counting research money from the USDA, and from Nebraska’s stand alone medical school which is not a part of the University to meet those benchmarks.

Once the AAU informed Nebraska that they could no longer “cheat” that way, they no longer met AAU requirements and were kicked out.

Yeah I am not crazy about their academics but we do have an opening after UConn left. So count me as a reluctant yes vote for Nebraska joining the AAC.

1 Like

Quite amazing. I can only imagine how this guy overreacts when the toilet has to top off in-between flushes, indicating a leaky flap. I bet it’s close to the firestorm after someone drops “irregardless” on CoogFans.

3 Likes

Job is probably “on the line” and he is panicking.

It’s weird how fast Nebraska went down hill in all aspects after being told, they couldn’t "cheat"and their entire backfield couldn’t be guys who could barely read and write.

1 Like