Horrible defense on last play

You have two 7 footers but you don’t put either on the in bounds passer. HORRIBLE.

2 Likes

Have to agree. I thought we should have put Chris Harris on the inbounds passer.

1 Like

We put someone on the passer Thursday and gave up a wide open look that was just missed. We were in the guys face today and he hit a miracle shot.

3 Likes

Yeah, but you wanna know what also bad? It’s fouling those 3 pt shots. It killed us.

2 Likes

Thinking about it now Harris should have been put on the inbounder. He couldn’t run the baseline since they rebouned the ball off a missed FT and called the TO. Make him throw the ball over Harris’s out stretched hands. If he doesn’t complete a perfect pass they’re forced to use more seconds off the clock. Coach screwed that one up.

I believe there was a 5 pt play there?

the defense by corey was 100% elite…that wasnt a easy shot

we were up 2 shooting 2 free throws in with 3 seconds to go vs a top 10 team, on a 10 game winning streak…that is a dream situation…i dont blame anything but that

AND WE WOULDN’T HAVE SNIFFED A TOURNAMENT BID IF IT WEREN’T FOR COACH!! SIXTH PLACE PREDICTED CONFERENCE FINISH PLAYING ALL HOME GAMES ON A NEUTRAL FLOOR!!

4 Likes

I don’t have an issue with the inbounded not being covered. Can believe we did not match up and pick that long inbounds pass…such is life.

I can’t deside if it was the missed free throws at the end or the strange 5 pt play in the last few minutes - what the heck was that? or maybe not defending the final inbound pass to set up the game winning shot?
Who knows …When you end up losing a dog fight like this, it can be any number of things. It’s just a bitter pill to swallow. It just was not to be.

7 Likes

In the SDSU game, we did have someone on the passer and the shooter had a much better look at the 3 than this game.

1 Like

Still should have put a tall guy on that passer imo

It was a miracle shot. Their asses were toast and it took the darkest of the dark voodoo for them to win. Tough, tough loss especially when you know you had their rumps beat.

5 Likes

If we had a man on the passer, chances are increased that they have a better, uncontested look at the 3.

The problem was we didn’t have no one on the first catch Rob and Galen went the same way for a second then Rob went to the catcher. They should have been on them from the get go.

If we make more threes we win by 11.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

2 Likes

You lost me.

Baylor lost their NIT game today on a last second 3. It happens from time to time, but UH also won on a miss with the same situation against SDSU.

How is no one calling this guy out on the “two 7 footers?”

1 Like