Houston at Baylor | Sept 19 @ 11AM | Fox

From the original plan in the herman years

Man, on paper, it all makes sense for UH to win on Saturday, so the nervous nellie in me feels that it’s a perfect setup to lose. But, one thing is for sure
I’m stoked to be playing Baylor, finally.

I assume the football operations center is the rectangular building left of the stadium in the master plan.

I read somewhere that the money was ready for the football facility but needed 20-25M more to reengineer the Athletic Alumni Center. If they stick to the original plans, the facility will be west of TDECU.

Yeah, I asked about that a while ago and someone (on the board) said that they would move the UH locker room to that end of the stadium. That would put them on the opposite side of the students and band. They will probably move them to that end also but that doesn’t seem optimal the way the stadium is currently configured. Heck, right now it’s where we put the visitors.

Since the team locker room at TDECU is currently southeast of the stadium, it would be odd to have another locker room for the team at the opposite end. I personally think that it would serve best beside the grass practice fields (since that’s where they go the most for practice) or in from of the indoor facility. The visiting team entrance is on the west side (that’s where their bus and equipment truck unload.

That’s the best way to snuff out the newest version of CCoog.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/casekeenum/status/1306684637830434822?s=19

10 Likes

for anyone interested
a popular baylor blog did a break down of us
you can tell the guys knows football
 very indepth

i dont agree with a few of his points (like underselling our RBs, probably overselling corbin as examples) but probably one of the best previews ive ever read from an outside opposing team perspective
goes over our strengths and weakness and how he thinks that will matchup against baylor

1 Like

I think that is is waaaay underselling our RBs. I can’t wait to see Mulbah and Jordan cut loose. It all depends on the OL, that’s the key to this game, imho.

1 Like

I expect Kyle Porter to get the most carries if things go as planned.

Send that write up to Car and Porter and tge DL line. Really hope Car has a huge game now

Two great teams about to battle it out. If UH wins they can easily go 3-0 :pray::fire:

Loved the read. Great to be talking a real football game!
That said, He didn’t give Marquez enough respect. I think he’ll be the guy offensively to get a short ball and hightail it on a long run into the end zone. Bear D tries to close on him, then he’ll shift into that crazy fast & smooth gear right past them.
#GoCoogs!

That’s exactly what I was thinking. I kept saying, “Please devote more attention to Corbin than Stevenson” the whole time I was reading that.

Also, I think our RBs put up at least 200 yards on the ground. I think this article is under-selling our OL and WAY underselling our RBs. I mean, the 2019 team with a truly awful and banged up OL averaged 188 on the ground at a 4.8 yards per carry clip. Mulbah averaged 6.4 yards per carry and only played in 4 games. If Baylor thinks they’re going to shut down our running game, best of luck to them in that game plan.

4 Likes

Well they did call Stevenson our best player and. Corbin does have a chance to be great.
Saying that I stopped reading since they really don’t know much about our squad.
Still laughing at their comments a our our running game. Cannot wait to shove that sock in their mouths.
No mention of the injuries we suffered on the OL .
Parish our top DL. Okay.
Peyton Turner might have something to say before he moves on to the NFL

They’re also going to run a 3-man front. We’ve destroyed 3-man fronts in the past without even knowing who to block most of last year.

Side note:

I think Vegas has switched it up on Baylor because they have a reboot at their coaching positions AND (here’s the big one), THEY DID NOT HAVE ONE SINGLE SPRING PRACTICE. If the BU staff can get them to match our guy’s knowledge level in this short amount of time, hats off to them. I highly doubt it. This smells like an upset.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1307014845946978304?s=20

2 Likes

Stoopppppp

1 Like

I truly hate 2020.

7 Likes