Houston at home vs. Tulane - Sunday at 5 pm (W 73-42)

I’ve been to 9 home games this season…I do hope that the players, coaches, and support staff focus on the familiar faces that keep showing up vs. the empty seats. Those of us that have been there most of the season can attest, in a good game, when the game is coming down to the wire, the small UH crowd can get loud. I wish the TSU H&PE Arena was standing room only for Coog games, but it is what it is. Let’s get ready for Cincy. Thursday’s game at home vs. Cincy is what major college basketball is all about. We need the W. Grab one or two friends and let’s fill-up the H&PE Arena. These kids and Coach Sampson deserve a big crowd.

Go Coogs. Peace.

6 Likes

Grad94, way too many of our “fans” want UH to be big time but find excuses for not supporting our teams. We can’t play Oklahoma or Louisville every game in football, nor Arkansas or Wichita State every game in basketball. All schools have kickoffs and tipoffs at 11 AM

3 Likes

nt…

Approx 4670 seats are for sale that do not require a premium, and season ticket prices have not been announced, and as far as I know, no seats have actually been sold in this number.

I am a season ticket holder for over a decade. Was going to get premium seats until I was told the season ticket price had not been set. Strange way to do business.

1 Like

Don’t they have to set the OOC schedule before they can set the season ticket price so they know the # of home vs away games?

But we already know the arena donation they are requiring, and it is to be expected ticket prices will go up as well. My point is that they are going to push the fans that had good seats in the hoff to general admission in the corners of Fertita Center. Some fans do not have it in their budget to have a big increase in basketball, while we just had an increase in football prices. I just don’t see the right attendance number patterns for them to be placing a big chunk of the arena in what is basically a PSL.

2 Likes

This is where I am. My plan is to buy season tickets for at least one season in the new arena since I saw the program through Clyde McBrooks to the present. I sit near mid-court in reserved today but I am willing to wait for the leftovers and see where I can find seats.

In the end I am going to decide between the 4 tickets for football or the 2 tickets to basketball. Not something I want to afford anymore as the cost continues to rise.

I guess, but I think that they typically have 15 home games and season ticket prices are also typically about $300.

However, this year could be a problem. If FC is not completed on time, then maybe there will be fewer home games this year…or early games might have to be @ TSU again. ??

Again, the donation for premium seats is apart from the season ticket prices. That is, the season tickets are in addition to the commitment to FC.

I’m assuming it’s a long walk to the parking lot where one catches a FREE bus ride . . . . . asking too much . . . . .

1 Like

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/963238819616112640

im just basin off experience

I’ve asked my group of friends if they want to go to basketball games and they say they dont feel like going all the way to tsu lol

They only went for WSU, and are going to the Cincy (same as the majority of students)

Sounds like you should have provided them a map !

1 Like

Nice pick up from Seton Hall . Top 100 out of high school.

1 Like