Why Joe Davis isn/t just IBB’d every time he comes up is beyond me. Might as well fast forward to the conference tournament. Basically going to have to get hot for 5 days for the season to be interesting.
Wish we had the option to watch on Facebook live like some of these other schools.
Thanks Pray for updating, about only way I can follow while out watching HS games
• Davis finished 1-for-4 with his American Athletic Conference leading 12 home run of the season. He also drew two walks, one of which was intentional.
• Fuentes III tied his career high with three hits, including his solo home run in the fourth, in a 3-for-5 effort. His homer was his third of the year.
• Lockhart came off the bench and went 2-for-2 with one RBI and one run scored.
• Bielamowicz finished 2-for-5 with a single, double, two runs scored and one stolen base.
• Triolo and Way each doubled, respectively. Triolo’s came in a 1-for-4 display with two RBI and a stolen base, while Way’s came in a 1-for-2 showing off the bench.
• Freshman Derrick Cherry finished 1-for-4 with a walk.
• Seven Cougars threw in the Johnny Wholestaff effort.
• Junior right-handed pitcher Devon Roedahl (5-2) picked up his league-leading fifth win of the season, with all coming out of the bullpen. Roedahl tossed one and one-third scoreless innings. He retired all four batters he faced and fanned two.
• Sophomore Clay Aguilar issued four runs (two earned) across two and two-third innings before giving way to the bullpen.
• Junior Sean Bretz issued three runs (two earned) in one and one-third innings.
• Juniors Carter Henry and Tristen Bayless combined to toss a scoreless fifth.
• Junior Brayson Hurdsman went an inning and two-thirds scoreless to get into the seventh before handing the ball off to Roedahl.
• Junior Fred Villarreal retired all three batters faced in the ninth to record his sixth save of the season. His six saves rank second in the conference.