Houston fans

You suck. Period.

1 Like

How about you clarify, and say those that didn’t show up…

2 Likes

Or all of those that left early… I know some of my tailgate crew sitting in 129 left at the half.

Oh yeah ok. If you own season tickets and didn’t show up you are the problem. It does not matter who we play or what time we play you need to bring your ass to the game.

1 Like

A hell of a lot of people left at halftime. And considering how hot it was and how craptastic the team looked, I’m not going to blame anybody for making that decision.

Hell, if the team hadn’t woken up in the third quarter, I would’ve ejected well before the game was over myself.

8 Likes

There are a lot of casual fans that bail on the team early. If I hadn’t moved over to a shady area early and was stuck in the blazing sun, I probably would have left. Many people moved to shaded areas of seating or tops or concourse. I had to go by myself because my son doesn’t want to go and neither did my brother. I think this is the wrong place to vent and make a blanket condemnation. The people on this board were there supporting the coogs.

2 Likes

The most shocking is the student turnout had to be the worst in years (not counting the year off campus).

6 Likes

I caught that too…I had a friend give me the Halloween excuse. I sat there and just thought how far we have to go as a fan base. I pray that we can get there. Patience. :pray:

1 Like

We get it, but this is not the platform for it. Folks here are commited and battle hardened Fans. GoCoogs! Personaly, I would go to a game by myself if I had too. Fortunately, my squad always goes to the games. :red_circle:&:white_circle: :red_circle:&:white_circle:

2 Likes

Yep, student turnout was most shocking. 19-3 over 2 years and everyone bails at the first sign of adversity.

Saw a few fans get into it on twitter with a student who said that he wouldn’t support the team if the quality wasn’t up to par. He later tried to say he was busy and had midterms and a job, but that initial reaction is depressing. Fan base is spoiled after a year of success.

1 Like

Uh! one of those kids that hide behind twitter. This is what I say to folks like that…

GO COOGS!

1 Like

I’m really disappointed at some young alumni and the students. I’m a first-year season ticket holder in the young alumni section and met a lot of cool people who I haven’t seen since UConn. Maybe they’re sitting elsewhere, and it’s not really my business anyway, but the participation isn’t consistent among certain circles.

But I’m not going to lie – I was ready to go home. I wanted to see the Keenum thing at halftime and I said that I wanted to watch a few drives in the second half, but there were better ways to spend the afternoon than to continue watching bad football. I missed the fumble to start the 3rd quarter so by the time I got back UCF was really close to scoring and making it 24-3. I was pretty deflated (and sweaty), and the people I was with weren’t going to leave either.

But the sunburn and staying through the rally was worth it.Deep down I knew I would end up seeing the final touches of a comeback in my living room if I left early. I wouldn’t have been able to live with myself if I missed the comeback when I was at the game.

1 Like

I’ve been very aggravated with everything (B12 shaft, coaching rumors, etc.) lately, but was very depressed seeing the empty stands just minutes before the coin toss. Watching the players do the Cage Sway in front of over a half empty student section was just so sad to watch. UH had an 11 AM kickoff Labor Day Weekend that had tens of thousands in the stands at NRG, including students, so I know it can be done. However, Herman has got to understand that losing a game to SMU right now is still way too close to the famous Levine losses for this Cougar fan base.

It’s clear to me we have a ways to go as fans and p5. We just make too many excuses.

4 Likes

I think another part of the reason for the lack of students was the ridiculous time frame the parking and transportation gave. Me personally i was not going to wake up at 630 to get to my garage at 7 and wait till 11 for the game to start. They wanted us to pay the fee and paying 800 dollars for garage parking i think it was stupid for them to charge us after 7am. I emailed them complaining but all they said was park in a different lot. Which i was not going to fight 7k other students for. :sleeping: then midterms, halloween, something wicked. I wanted to see Case i really did. :disappointed:

This morning I am about to go to Church with a significantly sunburned face and arms. I have learned that you do not count out the cardiac Coogs. It isn’t over until it is over. I do prefer night games though. Note to self in the future: always pack the sunscreen.

1 Like

Christian, that’s at least a good excuse, but what about the 10K students living on campus?

Prior to the semester, CTH and the team were helping folks move in. One loss, and everyone forgets. One P5 vote and everyone quits.

This is the reason why we keep getting left out of a P5, why we can’t keep good coaches, and why we have so many detractors. It’s not just about being there when we’re winning, we have to be there all the time to get to where we want to be.

4 Likes

Unfortunately the term fair weather fan has been a problem for us for a long time, and this includes the media. Anyone notice we basically completely lost all of our media coverage and support? Pretty sad but…

It may always be like this or be like this for a while. So those of us that are die hard need to be there to support and keep trying to get others interested. We are not too displaced from the Levine era so the fair weather fans haven’t completely jumped the fence yet. We just need to keep building on our success.

1 Like

The Cage Sway would have had more students if those same players who were doing it had done what they were supposed to in Dallas last week. Maybe it shouldn’t be that way, but it is. For most of our games, people don’t care about our opponent, so they have to really want to cheer on the Coogs - lackluster performances against mediocre teams will push new/casual fans away.

1 Like