Houston Football: UCF Post Game Press Conference 11.2.19

I didn’t post the triggered remark. As far as professionalism in the media, that was lost several years ago. The media has their agenda and skews stories to fit their narrative.

I am not surprised or offended by pretty much anything anymore in the news but I am equally not surprised that business and public figures are feeling the same way.

2 Likes

I would be more inclined to think King’s dad blindsided Dana. Not sure how Berman is supposed to keep that under wraps until Dana mentions it himself.

I want Dana to be abrasive because it scares off any blue-bloods that might want to hire him even if he wins big.

(Of course, this only matters if he starts to win big.)

I still think King’s dad was unclear on the rules and what King’s intentions actually were. The new redshirt rule is very confusing if you explain it for 5 minutes to a non CFB fan. King basically said that was the case in his presser and I believe him.

If you feel so strongly, you should bring it to the attention of UH Athletics who put the video up on their YouTube channel. If they felt it was inappropriate, they could have edited the “sugar honey iced tea” - ty out of the remarks. But they didn’t.

I don’t care to use that language either but I get it. He’s mad and most likely THIS is the cleaned up version of his thoughts on the game. It seems to be common that this language is acceptable in any setting now – I hear MUCH worse in Corp America daily from all levels and both genders so, while it’s not for me, I have come to accept it when only adults are around. I have corrected some sitting around me at UH games when any kids and/or my wife are around but I am not going to look at Dana any differently because of this.

Most kids cuss to each other and then have manners when adults are around.

3 Likes

What I saw and heard in this press conference was a head coach that is frustrated and passionate. I have no problem with what he said or how.

9 Likes

Actually, boomers are largely responsible for the beginning of the decline of decency in our society. They were the original “Don’t be so uptight” crowd.

2 Likes

MrHobbes, by the way please let us know if there is meaning behind your “MrHobbes” Is this your name, moniker or some other meaning? I must admit that “it” picked my interest.
Now explain to us what is concerning to you about Mr. Holgersen behavior.
Is it about his physical appearance, choice of words, apparel or/and other concerns?
In addition you mention Mr. Holgersen wages and representing our University. Please explain to us how you came up to that conclusion. It is a conclusion right or am I assuming something totally wrong. Furthermore is there anything else that you dislike about Mr. Holgersen? This website is great and it allows us to express our true feelings. We are amongst friends please enlighten us.

That and Berman didn’t do a good enough job. All he got was a response from the dad saying that D’Eriq is going to do what is best for him, never mentioned transferring or anything. He probably didn’t know what was going on and anything about redshirting as a senior.

1 Like

Sorry for tagging you with the triggered remark. My mistake.

not a problem

1 Like

Chris,

I don’t understand all your questions, but I will try to answer.

I’ve had the nickname since college.

My concern with this press conference, and virtually any interaction that Mr Holgerson has with the press, is that his job includes public relations, which is part of his contract, but he acts with disdain and lack of professionalism. Anyone can have a bad day, but this pattern is tiresome.

1 Like

Fair enough on your nickname. Regarding his demeanor I accept his just the way he is. It is your choice and your right to not like it. I have been inside pressers big and small this is never the Ritz Carlton. It is raw, it is basic, sometimes there is not even enough chairs or even microphones.
What I truly appreciate from CDH is his honesty.
He does not try to hide behind a microphone or a questions.
He does not put his players under the bus or try to make excuses for them.
He does not talk down on reporters be a beat writer or an occasional “words clicker”
He will call out a reporter for a stupid question(s) Believe me I have heard everything & he is 100% right to do so.
He does not make excuses or try to hide with inept comments.
Most importantly if I might add:
He cares greatly about his leadership position.
He cares greatly about getting us to the next level.
He cares greatly about the University of Houston and what we are all about.
Most importantly Mr.Hobbes he made the commitment to be with us for the long run.
Now I am 100% behind CDH. I hope you will. Will you?

5 Likes

Yep Tune was fine through the first half. Remember he had the long run to the three that was called back due to holding. Then in the first second half drive, up 23-21, he is gimpy and they sack him on the next play.

23-6 UCF the rest of the way.

Our QB posse is one leg and a keg of surprises

1 Like

Is it possible for CDH to have those good qualities you cite (and I agree with) and maintain civility? I think it is.

2 Likes

sometimes faced with the absurd it is extremely difficult to maintain civility. I think 99.9% of the time CDH does an admirable job at doing so. Lets not hang him for not being perfect.

1 Like

Nobody is perfect. I am not that’s what makes this a beautiful world. Can you imagine robotic answers? Yes it already exists. A little pepper sometimes is good.
CDH loves being at U of H. You can see it. He wants to get us to the top. That I like very much.

2 Likes