Houston Football: UCF Post Game Press Conference 11.2.19

I never said he works for Fertitta. I said the school is only picking up part of his salary, the balance is on Fertitta. What that buys him is everyones guess including yours.

And “bad” language is a bit of safe spot rhetoric, dont you think? I mean, words aren’t sticks and stones now are they?

why not just type “a paid employee of the University should be a better public representation of the University.” You know you put in “the highest paid employee” for a reason. At least be honest with yourself.

2 Likes

Salary envy?

1 Like

I don’t care what he says on the sidelines or in a presser. What I see is a plan and laying groundwork for the future. A depleted roster due to injuries, red-shirting and transfer wait times and the remaining team is playing really hard and staying in each game.

Next year, those who played and aren’t seniors will be back with a lot of experience, an influx of I believe 8 transfers, the red-shirts and new Holgp recruits and the results will be vastly different. The REAL impact will be year 2021.

7 Likes

I think a lot of the criticism of CDH’s language and demeanor in his pressers comes from people with an anti-CDH agenda who are looking for nits to pick. If saying something “sucks” is that offensive to someone, I would say the offended are too hypersensitive and maybe should isolate themselves. How do they watch TV or movies?

I also notice that when Mike Leech makes similar comments and talks straight about players, teams, or whatever, folks just eat it up and I have not seen any complaints from anyone other than Craig James. Do I detect a double standard or does that support my suspicions of an anti-CDH agenda.

I’m not sure of the reasons behind such an agenda. Maybe they were Applewhite supporters. Maybe they don’t like the fact that King redshirted. Maybe they want Smith at QB and don’t like it that CDH doesn’t. Maybe they are just contrarians.

However, I would hope none are so obtuse they can’t see the plain fact that we are an undermanned and injury riddled team installing a new system therefore incapable of a better showing at this point. This is the time to rally behind the team and support them by attending the games and cheering them on. I guess the fair weather fans will fall away until better times, but such is life.

7 Likes

Man Up guys, a few of you guys on this forum need to take your thumb out of your mouths and realize what it feels like to get your hat handed to you in the 2nd half of a game like that. It sucks! CDH is a pragmatist. He is seeing what has to be done to right the ship, and he is doing it in the best way he sees fit. If you want to cry and whine about words and body language, that’s your right. I, for one believe football is a tough sport, played and coached by tough people. Give me an Old Tushhogg like DH over a pablum spewing sissy boy any day! Go Coogs!

3 Likes

I’ll never forget my sophomore year of high school and we went to the Bronx to play Cardinal Hayes HS. They beat us like a rented mule. Just butt ugly.

As we were leaving my dad came up to and said “not a very good game” and I blurted out “they beat the zhit out of us”.I was shocked I said something like that but my dad made no comment.

Stuff is said like that after a tough loss. As Don Henley once sang, “get over it”.

3 Likes

I think a lot on this site are in the fan category of… we are with you coach, WIN or Tie !!

1 Like

I hate it when the off-season is during the season. :confounded:

4 Likes

OOOh that is such strong language! I think I may have the vapors!

1 Like

Who were the boomers on here that were afraid to send the “Concessions Suck” thread to Pez and Khator because of the naughty word in the title? They actually changed the thread title over that.

2 Likes

Was the OP the highest paid employee of Coogfans? Because, if so, that’s a bad look…

2 Likes

Yep.

Ooo! That’s an Oldie Goldie.

The only critique I have of Dana’s presser (and its very narrow) is in his dealings with Berman. Berman is a great, old-school kind of reporter. A guy that likes to report sports first, drama last. He keeps it real and you get a fair deal in the way he reports UH news.

If any guy in the Houston media ranks deserves patience with their questions its him. He still looks at UH as the home team and reports on our affairs like they matter.

2 Likes

I wonder how much stems from a change in coaches. Herman and Applewhite seemed to feed Duarte and Berman with “breaking news” since most times they tweeted the same info within minutes of each other. Maybe they want the same from Dana? Or maybe there is history from his prior time here? He just doesn’t seem to like them though.

Keep in mind, Berman & Duarte both blindsided Dana with the King quitshirt and transfer from his dad.

6 Likes

Good point.

Bad language is not a euphemism for ‘safe spot’ language at all. It’s basic media and public relations. No other business or public figure, with maybe one exception, talks that way while on camera. It’s unprofessional. As for being triggered I think that is for female twenty somethings. Of the the things I am, that’s not one of them.

1 Like

Yes, we old boomers still believe in manners, respectful behavior toward others and decorum. How terrible of us. Thanks for straightening us all out.

1 Like