Houston Roughnecks/ 4 Coogs

Nvm. He scored. Lol

1 Like

You get an assist on the reverse curse

5 Likes

Bummer - i guess Roughnecks figured after the success of the first game they would drop this discount offering! Anybody know if you can buy the tickets somewhere other than Ticketmaster to avoid the fees of $6.00 per ticket?

I bought them on stub hub, but it was still $85 for two tickets after fees. But on the bright side they were really good seats.

I was entertained by the play. I was also very impressed with the attendance. I think this has a decent chance to catch on. I know the seasons won’t necessarily overlap
but the CFL should be worried that they might start losing quality players to this league.

Let’s just wait and see how attendance goes through the rest of the season. Eyeballs always show up for something novel and new.

1 Like

The UDFA’s that fail to make NFL practice squads could be targets of the XFL too. I really hope it sticks. America needs football in Spring. Life is better that way.

2 Likes

Wish the USFL would have stayed. After watching XFL 2, I think this may work!

2 Likes

I can take leave it as far as the minor league football goes but as long as they play at UH and we can profit I will be a huge proponent.

I was at the game Saturday and they needed to quadruple their concessions staff and open up nearly twice as many of the concessions.
The lines were terrible and slow and running out of items, including beer by the half.

This should be criminal. :flushed:

3 Likes

This is partly because MLB subsidizes it by paying most of the player salaries, which might be going away.

Losing players to the NFL is exactly what the XFL wants. If players see it as a viable road to the NFL, it will be easier to sign elite talent. Hopefully the NFL will start letting the practice squad guys participate.

If they wouldn’t let them play for the AAFL who was actively seeking a relationship with the NFL, I doubt they will do it for the XFL.

1 Like

MLB has proposed doing away with around 40 MiLB ( low A-ball teams IIRC ) but they’ll still be paying for players on affiliated teams

I have great memories of watching Jim Kelly quarterback the Gamblers in the Dome. That team could score some points.

3 Likes