Houston vs Baylor next week?

Why does the bear look like he’s trying not to laugh? :thinking:
https://twitter.com/BUFootball/status/1305272546447618048

1 Like

So they have a much more efficient offense than us. :thinking:

Because we were such a huge threat before? The series between Tech and Houston and Baylor and Houston were essentially tied at the fall of the SWC.

Actually, we were several games ahead of Tech in our head to head series at the time.

1 Like

I really hope that Baylor is game planning based on last year’s games

1 Like

True. 17-10 in favor of Houston, but Tech owned us in the 90s… My memory of that series. One of my favorite moments was beating Tech at Robertson. So sweet.

1 Like

Hard to say. They have the more efficient QB returning, but starting a new scheme. We have a QB in his second year of the offense. They lost their top WR; we return all our WRs including our should-be #2 WR from last year. They have a new OC, and we return the same play caller. lol Hard to say until after Saturday I guess.

One thing is for certain, our defensive depth dwarfs theirs. No way around that.

1 Like

In recruiting? (That is what my post indicated) Absolutely. With our facilities that we have now, along with our current administration, I believe we would regularly be pulling in “Ed Olivers” with a Big 12 invite. More of those kids would be convinced to stay home knowing that they would have the opportunity to play for an actual national championship and be in a major conference, playing brand named teams. Barry Switzer was quoted once as saying (paraphrasing) “If I got the best kids from Houston every year, I would win a national championship every year.” Houston is probably the most recruited city in the Big 12 and is one of the most in the country.

2 Likes

Good Gawd, I just watched all 30 minutes of that BU presser. Aranda just went down on my list about 30 spots. I used to really think he was one of the great ones like Brent Venables.

B O R I N G

“Sleepy Dave”

No way would I run into a wall for him or follow him into battle.

All he could muster about his time in the City was the two Starbucks at West Gray and Shepard.

1 Like

He’s probably had 3 hours of sleep, so a good reason to be “sleepy”. :slight_smile:

I haven’t watched any of it, but how would you compare Dave Aranda’s excitement level to Major Applewhite’s?

I listen to recordings of Major’s press conferences before bed as a sleep aid.

3 Likes

Sounds to me like Dana was pushing for this game, according to Pez.

BTW, listening to Pez speak inspires confidence in me. I’m hoping we have him a long while.

2 Likes

I agree…

1 Like

Listened to Dana’s pressor today. There is no way he is upset with playing next weekend against Baylor. If anything about 180 degrees from being upset. The Memphis cancellation was going to be an issue with keeping up beat and willing to continue with practicing without playing.

He is all in and execited about playing Baylor this weekend after losing the Memphis game in the near term. If Dana wasn’t happy, he would show it.

2 Likes

Yes, Dana had actually mentioned to Pez that BU had an opening earlier and thought that could be exploered if necessary.

We will now have had 2 OOC games before conference play, that’s a good thing.

9 Likes

Saw a good news piece on Ch.13 with Coach. He was very pleased with Tune. Said he has taken charge of the offense and has really connected with his receivers. He really likes what he sees with this team so far.

17 Likes

This season will be the great equalizer, when the Sunbelt looks like world beaters against B12.

Aranda must be very fiery on the field and in practice. I agree that he’s very dry in a conference. Seems authentic though. Might chew nails slowly.

Holgs on the other hand let’s it rip.

Lafayette is ranked 19 in AP .

5 Likes

coach aranda mentioned that on his media meeting…they have our film but they are aware that we have new talent coming in at many positions. I actually believe him when he said we are very talented at the skill positions…i don’t think he was blowing smoke.
also unless dana is making scheme changes the film is valuable in that respect…they are able to see what we are trying to execute…hopefully we e expanded.
the only hope is that baylor is adapting to a new system and that they want be too smooth yet, never having exposed it to an actual game situation.
on the reverse side no one has seen this aranda - fedora scheme in a game, so we are guessing at what to expect.

3 Likes