Houston vs. New Orleans - Wed Nov 29 at 7 (W 75-66)

I thought we only played football games in the morning.

1 Like

I’m worried about Saturday.

• Gray and Van Beck have been solid so far.

• Galen looked good for awhile, but really struggled against the increased pressure and seemed rattled. Corey Davis seemed to relish the pressure, but sometimes started to try to be the hero. Sometimes it works, others, not so much. Still, he’s definitely on the court at the end of the games.

• Brooks finally started to get on track late last night. After the first game against McNeese, it seemed like he couldn’t buy a bucket. Just needs to have confidence and shoot.

• Devin Davis is very up and down so far and I wonder if he’s banged up. Against UIW, they were working on his ribs late in the game and putting a big bandage on them. Last night, he had to come out at one point after getting in a scrum for a ball. Doesn’t seem to be moving as fast as earlier in the year. Did have a dunk late that was pretty amazing.

• Fabian is a freshman and looks it. Has a ton of talent and can impose his will at times, but can also make killer mistakes. Had 4-5 turnovers last night, but came up big with some clutch free throws and rebounds late.

• Posts are much better than last year, but can’t stay out of foul trouble. Brady is a load and could be a force if he wouldn’t foul out in 17 minutes every game. Zanna is pretty good, but struggles with increased physicality which causes him to pick up fouls. Solid rebounder though. Wish Harris was healthy as he looked promising.

• Grant shows flashes, but also seems to be struggling with learning the offensive and defensive systems.

Main thing is that this team just isn’t a cohesive unit yet and looks like they haven’t played together long. Hopefully, they can get it together by conference. Really need Brooks to hit his shots and the posts to stop fouling so much. Get that under control, and this can be a real good team.

1 Like

11 AM was so popular for football that they are trying it for basketball
on a Wednesday.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/936399460761927680

Rob Gray so has a coaching career in his sights down the road when his playing career is over. He’s starting to sound like one now. lol.

1 Like