How 'Bout Some Kevin Sumlin

JK Dobbins never officially visited Ohio State. I wonder why he made that life choice? $$$

If history repeats itself he will sneakily let the word out that he is leaving on the eve of our next bowl game.

Sumlin and all other athletic dept employees making over $200,000 just hit with a 20% pay reduction.

Sumlin was making $3.5 million, now makes $2.8 million.

Sean Miller, The A.D., etc. all taking pay cuts.

U. of A. President says they need to cut overhead to stay in business.

1 Like

You actually missed a point, zero Arizona players taken in the draft which is quite rare for AU.

And I dad an LOL at the poster sho said he didn’t suddenly become a bad coach. Not.was what he was implying but the poster is correct he was always a bad coach. Lived on Briles recruits here and Case getting a 6th season saved his butt and got his payday with a&m.
He was fired there and would have been earlier if not for the buyout and the one year of hope they had when Manziel carried them.
He has against stunk it up in Arizona clinging to a job because of the buyout.

1 Like

He had better assistants

Dana & KK > Mazzone

4 Likes

Kevin and Sean Miller made the 6 o’clock news due to the pay cuts

Entire Athletic Dept being hit including female head coach of women’s basketball.

Southern Miss was no gimme coming into that championship game. As I recall they were ranked, had a stout defense, a solid running game. Sometimes you just get your butt kicked, it happens

1 Like

They weren’t bad, but if you were at the game, you could plainly see that our team was not focused at all.

7 Likes

Nonsense. We were more than 2 touchdown favorites, and lost by more than 2 touchdowns. The team knew he was gone, and they didn’t show up.
He cost us a Sugar Bowl bid v Michigan, $17M, and prestige of a badly needed and deserved New Year’s Day Bowl.
These are facts.
Any other analysis is revisionist.

14 Likes

I spoke to a few groups of SoMiss fans, who I came to respect and enjoy their sportsmanship, that were very concerned that we would steamroll them that day.

3 Likes

Southern Miss were 10- 2 coming in, those two losses by less games by 10 combined. They executed a perfect game plan, hit us in the mouth early, we rallied then panicked and it was all downhill. In retrospect, it’s true, we were distracted, but southern miss had a lot to do with that championship loss. Yes I was at that game

Punched in the mouth was an understatement. Team was not its usual self. Was an eerie feeling that day even the radio team was different when it came in the morning

7 Likes

5 Likes

One thing I like about Kevin Sumlin is that the Aggies paid him >$30MM and we all saw how that worked out. Just glorious.

7 Likes

And I was at that game. I am not taking anything away from Southern Miss. Attended an away game at their place during that era. Class organization with class alumni. Larry Fedora did it the right way
he was absolutely gone to UNC and everyone knew it. Unlike Rumlin, he said he would coach through their bowl game and decide AFTER that. Rumlin had his agent every day floating stories about him being gone. That horrible loss is 100% on Rumlin.

In life, there is always a RIGHT way to conduct yourself, and a WRONG way to conduct yourself. Rumlin killed us. Period.

10 Likes

And to add on to what you said
 We were only down by 7pts at the half
Sumlin did not even prepare the team to win last two quarters as in his head he was already gone! At the Half I told my wife I was getting those Sugar Bowl tickets immediately after the game was over!!!

1 Like

I wonder if the A&M deal included the loss to SoMiss
Can’t leave those pesky Cougars on a high note!

3 Likes

I can guarantee you that it was in the deal that he would not coach any games after the S Miss game. I am also sure they had a car waiting when game was over.

Well Sumlin got rich and a$m paid $30 mil and got nothing.

5 Likes

I can’t unsee Carrier dropping that wide open bomb from Case that would’ve given us a score as soon as the game started

7 Likes

The Tucson Newspaper just ran a story on the local recruiting studs and where they have gone the last several years.

Pointed out that Sumlin has not signed a single one of them since he hit town.

2021’s top Tucson recruit is a 6 foot 8 inch OT whose High School is 5 miles from Sumlin’s office.

His top 6 includes The Longhorns and Az. St.

But not The U. of A.

4 Likes