I really hope King stays

Ward had one of the highest completion percentages we’ve ever had at QB. King is not a better passer than Ward.

1 Like

Correct, he is in HS right now, but if you have seen the kid play you know that he has the tools and demeanor to be great at the college level. Getting on campus early will work wonders in his development. Go Coogs!

I don’t see any reason why he wouldn’t stay.

Jalen Hurts going to Oklahoma is a very rare kind of a deal.

King is listed at 5’11”. I know about Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson and Drew Brees. My favorite QBs was 5’6” :flushed: Eddie LeBaron and 5’11” Moon Mullins. But those guys are extremely rare. My point is that King will be in the NFL, if not at QB then as a receiver. Either way, his stock will rise here more than anywhere else because he will play one way or the other and he’ll have a year in this system which will be more conducive to success than starting all over.

1 Like

Listening to Neuheisel and company yesterday surprisingly heaping compliments on the AAC, I’d wonder how much of a risk it would be to transfer into a new situation, especially having to sit out a year. Of course, going to a high profile program like an OU or FSU might pay bigger dividends, but the risk to not succeed would also be greater.

I sure hope DK stays.

Little chance the Longhorns are “back”

That’s the real story that Tammy is side stepping

1 Like

If that means an additional 17 hours to what he is taking this semester, then he would graduate in May. If it includes what he is taking this semester, and if he is taking 17 hours this semester, then he could graduate in December. I don’t know how any on line course would play into this if he needs additional hours in the spring. Those weren’t available when I was in school.

He has to be a grad transfer or get a waiver to play at another school next fall. Its that simple. I don’t know what his plans are, but they could change at any time. I have enjoyed watching him play, but this season was a different King.

What it boils down to is that I want whatever QB that proves to be the best for the team at the beginning of next season to be the starting QB. All sentimentality should be set aside and play the starting 11 that would give us the best chance to win. Upper classmen get replaced by underclassmen all the time, its part of the game. Its no different in the working world, the guys that produce the most move up, seniority has nothing to do with it except in union crafts.

2 Likes

I think it was before this semester. If so, he should be able to pull off graduating in December. If not, graduating in May is easily obtainable if he’s committed to transferring.

IMO, when Tune has been healthy he has done an adequate job running the offense. If King does return, Tune would definitely benefit from a red shirt year.

2 Likes

Bingo, me too!

Ideally Tune and any 2020 QB recruit can red shirt next year.

1 Like

Only if he had already enrolled in 17 hours which is very, very unlikely. 6 classes during football season?? No way unless he already had transferring as a plan before the semester started. If he is at UH for the spring semester, transferring would not be a smart option imo.

3 Likes

That’s assuming he can’t get into a winter mini session or two.

Shane Buechele graduated in May.

What’s D’Eriq’s grad school plans?

I didn’t realize that.

https://twitter.com/johngranato/status/1191513241647828992?s=20

6 Likes

I think the lying coaches of recent have battered this fan base silly. King, however, is not lying. He’ll be a forever Coog twice over when he enrolls in graduate school. Be ready for a conference championship appearance in 2020!

6 Likes

Great points Mike. We have to stop thinking that a player is given the starting spot because he is who he is. The only way to get better, especially next season is to have fierce competition. It is like the real world. Nothing is given to us. That should not be any different with being the starting QB. Let the best player win.

It’s always darkest before dawn.

6 Likes