I really hope King stays

If King leaves, does he have to sit a year at the next school?

no, he would be a graduate transfer. The real question is where could he go if his problem at UH was 3 head coaches and 4 OCs in 4 years

1 Like

Fischer merely quoted Thamel’s piece which was written several months ago. In other words, nothing new. Merely regurgitated speculation. It’s what you do when your hit marks are low and looking to save your job.

5 Likes

Thamel is a jerk, but I wouldn’t count on both King and Tune being here next year. King has trouble making reads and with RPO. He’s so quick that he can often run his way out of trouble, and with Briles the offense was pretty simple and would just have one route or maybe one check off. Tune is better with his head. Look at the slants to Stevenson against SMU. But he’s a second-year player working with a new offense. UCF runs the Briles system so their freshman QB isn’t making as many decisions. Remember that Leach typically starts fourth and fifth year QBs because they’ve absorbed the offense so well. WSU’s three QBs on this year’s depth chart are all seniors. Minshew was a grad senior transfer last year. Tune could be really good, but he needs a little more experience.

I’ll take King over Tune any day of the week.

2 Likes

When might King graduate, December or May ?

King is not a Grad Transfer. He has not graduated. No reporter has asked him or Dana exactly when King is expected to graduate. He is in his 4th year since High School. You have to take 30 hours or more annually to Graduate in 4 years. My BBA required 128 hours. Does King have that many hours?

1 Like

Well below average…

1 Like

Duarte said he needs 17 hours.

what I have read is that he is on track to graduate in December.

Well, he was 58-110 (52%) for 663 yards (165 yd average) in his four games. I would prefer last year’s King. I just don’t think he’s fit well with the offense. Doesn’t mean he wouldn’t get better at it with another spring practice. He’s had a new OC every year he’s been here. But I do think Tune could be special in time. Look at Memphis. They run the RPO with great success. Tune has every chance to be as good as Brady White, a fifth-year senior.

1 Like

Sam, no one would look good with this offense this year. The line, outside of Josh Jones, has been awful: 30 sacks in 9 games, receiver drops (although that’s gotten better), and many more QB hits.

OL recruiting was mismanaged under Herman and just hasn’t recovered at this point. We need our guys to get older and bigger to hopefully help out. OL is my biggest worry for next year as well with Jones and Williams gone. We need some guys that can play next year if we want to win.

2 Likes

So the defense will be good (on paper) next year.

The OL has always been an issue…how does the OL recruiting look? Do we have good,prospect in the system.

I read an article yesterday that has King to LSU next year to replace their QB.

1 Like

This will sound mean, I don’t intend this comment to be mean. Our secondary has issues and Tune wasn’t playing against our secondary.

He didn’t fumble, so step forward.

1 Like

Tune hit 60% vs UCF, his highest % so far.

:confounded::relieved::pensive:

Agree but the OL should have been pretty good in the games King played. We had Josh and Braylon, Williams, and J Murphy, four experienced seniors and pretty much all the skill players from last year. I just don’t think King ever really caught on to the new RPO system. I do hope he returns and picks it up better in spring practice.

2 Likes

Cristian, so far King has not proven that he is better than Ward. I would add far from it. I will write it again. Greg played injured his last two seasons. What he did while injured is truly remarkable. I am all for King to prove me wrong. I just have not seen it yet.

This has been a major negative point for years now. We gotta get bigger and stronger at the line. CDH recognizes it. That is why imo the 2021 season is the one that will define CDH.

2 Likes

Wait :raised_hand:, did you just say this Justin Murphy :sob::sob::sob:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JMurphy_73/status/1182464451129331713