I still can’t believe

So…more lack of execution. Another of Applewhite’s short comings !!!

2 Likes

Isn’t Applewhite the special teams coach

I agree we should have gone for it on 4th and 1.

But who knows whether the chances for success would have been better trying to run a straight play vs the one MA called? Sheer speculation! If either works, he’s right. If neither works, he’s wrong.
The load the box on the run. The penetrate on the punt.

Looking at the clip above with defensive alignment, our blocking, etc., I say there is NO way we make the first down. The two down lineman get penetration and the end comes around the corner COMPLETELY unblocked by the other back. There is no “well we will never known”. Fact, there is NO way in hell they make that conversion. PERIOD.

If you want to go for it on 4th and 1, then put your best players on the field. Coaching collapse,again.

1 Like

Well we punted, they went thru us like crap thru a goose(as they had the entire second half) and we lost. Those are the facts !!

I would have spread the field and went for it !

PLAY TO WIN THE GAME !!

2 Likes

With two injured running backs, I would have gone for it, too. Running it up the middle is extremely imaginable, no one would expect that . . . . . I would never have tried a fake kick, because everyone does that on forth down.

CMA is such a disappointing hire so far. Now the program is helplessly in the hands of a bad coaching staff and sliding towards mediocrity. How does Houston get out of this ?