I watched Tramon Mark play last night

Where is he going ?

1 Like

Some speculated that he would go pro

Can UH be a preseason #1 next season :astonished::astonished::astonished: of course not because of the bias to the old boring schools like Duke, UK & Kansas. But damn… CKS is bringing in sum major talent.

1 Like

I’m just going by what I see. So far, the only person on our team with NBA potential is Nate Hinton. I still think Nate will stay 4 years though.

Mills is possible if he matures physically.

JMHO

2 Likes

what? its one thing to say they arent ready now…but NBA Potenial…we have like 6 players with nba potential…

grimes is a 19year soph, who is our best defender and leading scorer at 6’5…dejon is a 6’5 point,…mills is 6’3 and not that small for a freshman…

even guys like alley and gorham have no chance this year, but they have years to develop and have the bodies and athleticism to play nba wings

1 Like

I deal in reality. Not potential.

We will revisit this in about 2 years.

Remember, you said NBA and not Pro basketball. Many of these guys might play Pro basketball, just not in the NBA.

That is a mistake. Just ask 31 teams in the NFL about passing on the potential of Tom Brady.

Really !

Guys are drafted all the time on potential which is based on size, speed vertical.

Brady was passed because he was not a runner and did not possess a great arm.

Of course the NFL has about 7 rounds of drafting that takes 3 days while the NBA has one round that takes about 2 hours.

55 players on NFL roster 12 (I think) on an NBA roster.

Numbers !!

NBA has 2 rounds and 15 on an NBA roster with 3 inactives.

1 Like

Your statement proves that he was not drafted earlier based on reality. Those teams missed out his potential.

@EECOOG69

I actually agree.

Dejon has the athleticism to complete in the league. But he needs work right now and probably needs another year under Sampson.

https://twitter.com/OneSportsMix/status/1215880115000938496

I completely agree but that doesn’t mean that he won’t declare for the draft. I certainly didn’t think Armoni was ready for the NBA but he ended up declaring.

IMO for Tramon to be a one and done he would start for the Coogs from day one…and I just don’t see that happening with the kids we have coming back…does he have a chance to declare early, well yes he does…but let’s just sit back and watch this youngster develop and enjoy the fruits of his labor…

1 Like

You’re talking about Grimes? He can’t be a “one and done” because he transferred over from Kansas. But his ability to start next season has nothing to do with him possibly declaring for the draft. If your talking about Tramon, you’re right. We don’t know how that will pan out. But he certainly looks like one of the better ones to possibly set foot on campus that we have had in quite some time.

Umm, since the thread originally about Tramon Mark, that would be whom we are talking about…and if Grimes comes back I have no doubt he starts for the second year in a row regardless of who comes in…

I thought you tagged me in the post that was directed towards EECOOG and Grimes was who we were speaking about.

There you go, I fixed it…