Idea on how to have UH football this year

This.

Big info, but i cant find it anywhere. The only thing i see from yesterday is Cal State is going online for fall.
.[quote=“montcoog, post:34, topic:23562, full:true”]
This was a news item on our 6pm news (PST). Newsome announced that the State schools would not have on campus classes this Fall. Don’t know if it is his call/legal or whatever, just passing on what was on the news out here

[/quote]

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa/california-cancels-fall-university-classes-as-fauci-warns-of-reopening-too-soon-idUSKBN22O1Y7

A great deal of the country is going in one direction and another part of it is going in the opposite direction. This certainly would kill all NCAA sports in California for this fall.

2 Likes

Oh man i can’t believe they have already decided. So bleak. It will be really strange if the South is playing ball and the rest of the country isnt. These are the strangest times

1 Like

Its May 13th. I can’t believe they have made that decision already and based upon Fauci’s testomony to the Senate yesterday. I bet this gets revisited with a strong wave of resistance.

1 Like

https://www.newsbreak.com/texas/houston/news/0OvGAliV/texas-am-uh-systems-plan-to-open-colleges-this-fall

1 Like

On the surface, it seems early but you have a lot of activities leading up to the the start of a semester: housing, registrations, orientations, etc. I have one nephew going into his sophomore year (but changing housing) and another going in as a freshman to live on campus as well. First day of classes is only a little more than 3 months away. I don’t envy people trying to figure out one way or another what to do. Either decision by the universities is going to be met with support and criticism.

1 Like

Well, UT isn’t making their decision until the end of June. A&M and UH says they are going forward with either traditional model, online, or hybrid. Most unversities making plans to open. May daughter, a too be sophmore is checking out schools to potentially transfer. So far everyone she has connected with is planning to fo forward with on-campus students unless something in the future tells them to shift to an online model or something in the hybrid space.

Even with all of that, you shouldn’t be making these types of decisions in May. You’ll notice, they’re the only system that has done this.

No fans at UH is a losing proposition for UH. We make more with parking and concessions than we do with just TV money. with masks and some social distancing we could have 15 K which would work and help pay the bills.

Fauci is A, not God, he has got things wrong as well as right when he is in the spotlight. B, Those who are nervous don’t have to attend the games and can watch it on tv if anyone is actually carrying it. Perhaps Channel 8 which is on our campus could show the games. It would have a pretty good following as it would be on a non website.

2 Likes

There is no flu vaccine 
only a flu shot.

Top health officials. :sunglasses:

Are we sure that is still true? We’re getting a $5M hump in TV revenues this year. And getting the TV revenue is still better than getting 0.

For discussion purposes only (I am not trying to start an argument and actually am comfortable with UH & A&M announcement today and playing football in the Fall): why is May too early to make the decision not to go back to on campus classes/activities but it is not too early to make the decision to return to campus?

I ask because I was thinking the same as you: it’s crazy for the Calif schools to be making this decision already but, at first, I did not question the UH and A&M decision and now wonder if I had a double standard due to my support for returning to on campus.

2 Likes

Because you can easily come back in July and say you’re moving to virtual classes.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/keyfacts.htm

They call it a vaccine.

Are you more qualified than these two Doctors? If so, please contact Trump and ask that you would be allowed to replace them.

Of course, schools will say they will open in the fall. That forces families to register and, most importantly, pay. They can change course and go online later once they collect the jack.

Many school cannot afford the financial loss of going online and the student attrition that will occur

2 Likes

Sad fact is, I probably am !!

1 Like