I'm Stepping Away For A While

Sign of the times. Seems all employees are just temporary, looking for greener pastures . . . . .

I have heard the same but not sure of the details. Maybe he was a Levine recruit that switched when Herman came on board.

1 Like

Hicks would not be playing here. He lost his starting spot and is a pedestrian player at best.

Quiters quit, players play. I hope UH is better than this board.

This is the problem with cfp, when fans feel like their team is out of it they move on.

As stated by others, the team can still win the division and play/win the ccf. There are a lot of teams that wished they were still playing for something.

8 Likes

It wasn’t that long ago we were thrilled to go to a bowl game - ANY bowl game. Now we get dramatic about blowing our chance for a NY6 game. We are ALREADY bowl eligible.

You won’t enjoy the thrill of victory without tasting the agony of defeat.

If you’ve really been a fan since the 80s there is no way you step away after this. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

The problem is outside of a big bowl, our tie ins suck. We lost our #17 ranking and the possibility to move up. The bowl eligibility thing has gone out the window since over half of the D1 schools are in one and some with losing records…

Same here. I’m done with UH football for a while[quote=“NOCoog85, post:1, topic:14949, full:true”]
Been following my Coogs since 1981, graduated in 1985. Moved away, come back for at least one FB and BB game each year, send money when I can, buy swag.

We have one of the best QB’s in the country, and a top 5 NFL pick and both are bing wasted.

We had a tremendous opportunity to win, move up in the polls, and blew it.

I am so disappointed that while not giving up, I need to just do other things on game days/weeks for a while…
[/quote]

Me too. I’m going to stop following UH football for a while. I’m going to focused on UH basketball.

1 Like

I said the same thing to my wife, I’m not a Dallas fan in any fashion.

2 Likes

My Alma Mater put a beat down on FSU yesterday. This means if we run the table we will win 10 games for the second time in school history. Let that soak in. One 10 win season ever. Our last Conference Championship was in 1979 when I was a freshman. State puts 55k (sells out) in the stands for every home game to watch what can best be described as a mediocre product over the years. So my frame of reference for frustrating is a tad different from a school like UH that has had a long list of really great teams. I’m not giving up on the Coogs just yet. Can still go 10-2 and play for a conference championship. We will be back in 2019 with year 5 of season tickets. I think Applewhite can build a consistent winner at UH and I’m looking forward to watching him do it.

9 Likes

…go St

Like a bunch of teenage girls making a post about how they’re quitting Facebook. I hope I’m just missing the sarcasm in some of these posts.

8 Likes

Arrived back from Dallas early this AM. Slept late and woke up to a flat tire. Think I’ll walk away from driving until baseball season begins . . . . .

6 Likes

At least my fantasy team could beat the smoo. Was being trolled this week, glad I got the W.

1 Like

And I’m quitting Facebook too!!!

1 Like

Thats not correct…Yeoman’s 79 team won 10 games, Case’s 09 team won 10 games and his 2011 team won 12…Herman’s 2015 team won 11…and thats just regular season…we’re pretty successful…

Pretty sure he was talking about NC State not UH.

2 Likes

Yeah, but those were the days where you had to win your conference championship to go Bowling and there were like 16 bowls, not 40. You wasn’t bowl eligible unless you were 7-4, not 6-6…and God forbid…5-7…that wasnt allowed.

That is correct. Referring to State. UH has a much richer football history than State which generates much higher expectations

2 Likes

We better put the internet on suicide watch :slight_smile:

1 Like

But we’re a basketball school now!

2 Likes